Who wants Impulses?

TheWinterSnow

Den Mørke Natt
Oct 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
After designing and testing my loadbox, I made the discovery that there needs to be impulses with no power amp in the chain for users of the "Corvus Engineering" Loadbox and all amp sim users who are using sims with power amp simulation.

Right now I am about to embark on the journey to make some impulses with a SS power amp. I will make a library similar to Lasse's drums library that constantly will be updated with free goodies. To start I will be using my cabinet with a SM57 and KSM27 in a dual mic configuration, each mic will be its own impulse file but they will be in phase so you can blend them. Over the course of time I will try to borrow other cabinets and get more impulses.

There will not be 20,000 unusable impulses. I will take maybe 2-3 of the best positions of each mic, all usable, but yielding a different flavor, maybe clean, rock and metal variations. This will be the same for every cabinet I do.

Also, and this is a big also, I will be making impulses of a Reactive load so anyone that does direct recording with a Resistive load can get the coloration of a Reactive load.

I will also try to get some Nebula Impulses as well.

What do you guys think?

Great man ! It feels good that people like you that have the resources; share their work with the other members of this great forum.

Thank you.:headbang:

PD: Please make 96 khz 24 bits versions!

Unfortunately I went to make some impulses today and as my solid state amps are hifi systems I need to go from TRS to RCA. Went to plug everything up, power amps aren't getting anything. Thought it may be the RCA adapter, nope, signal come through on my O-Scope. Don't know why both aren't working. My solution will be to make a 5W solid state power amp, but it will be some time because is will cost me more money to build in R&D than I have to spare. If I were to sell two loadboxes or DIs in the near future, I will be able to get the ball rolling but right now it looks like it may be a month or so out before I can get them (the impulses) out.