Whos better Alex Skolnick or James Murphy?

Who is better Alex Skolnick or James Murphy?

• Alex Skolnick

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • James Murphy

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters
i like the stuff from James Murphy on LOW. The solo on Hail Mary is awesome but nobody can touch Alex Skolnick!

James Murphy is an awesome guitarist and did some great stuff with Testament. I'm looking very forward to his Death tribute he's been putting together. After hearing/seeing Live in London 2005 though, NOBODY can replace Alex and that's just the way it is. Low and The Gathering were great, but Testament isn't quite Testament without Alex in my opinion.

James is a great player but from what he's done on low and the gathering vs what Alex Skolnick has done with the Legacy,The new order,Practice what you preach,souls of black and the ritual definately my vote goes to Alex fucking Skolnick!!! The man CANNOT be replaced in Testament as Chuck said in the dvd it sounds like Testament again with Alex.:headbang: :headbang:

Alex used to be chop monster but after leaving testament he focused on jazz stuff so his speed is gone down,I guess murphy is better for Testaments music (his fusion metal style is awesome).

Two different animals altogether, imo. Skolnick helped put Testament on the map with some incredible playing and because of his time with the band, Testament would need to find someone worthy of playing his leads live and also someone who could keep pushing the virtuoso envelope.

They found such a man in James Murphy. His work on Low is absolutely perfect and if given the opportunity to play on as much material as Skolnick I have no doubt he would have been just as interesting and commanding as Skolnick was,.

I love Skolnicks playing, but I think James style lends itself much better to the modern Testament. I would LOVE to see the Low line-up do another album.