Who's Better, Herman Li or Alexi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose Herman because evry solo he does is improvised on each Dforce album. Sure they get repetitive alot, but they still kick serious ass. But I still love Alexi's style too.

Feel_The_Force said:
At least Herman comes up with his own stuff, Alexi just steals riffs for every song.

Alexi doesn't give up on a song,if he creates 20 riffs then gets to the solo and it doesn't work,he'll start all over with those riffs.I read that he started and restarted the song hatbreeder over 10 times

Feel_The_Force said:
Herman Li can still play guitar properly.

O_RLY.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRTeZuXBa2w

Hell yeah, he is!!!! To answer this question, it's Alexi Laiho all the way! No one is better than he is cuz he's the ultimate guitar god!...and soon to become a legend.

Lady_Laiho said:
Hell yeah, he is!!!! To answer this question, it's Alexi Laiho all the way! No one is better than he is cuz he's the ultimate guitar god!...and soon to become a legend.

Most people whould think Alexi is the Best ever whent hey havnt heard anything else at all. It's okay, you're 13.

Answer, Steve Vai.

Enemy242 said:
Technique wise i'd say herman is a bit better. alexi pretty much does the same kind of shit over and over in his songs while herman just goes batshit insane and does a lot of different stuff, it only sounds the same because of the blinding speed. i like the feel of alexi's solos a bit better though because some dragonforce solos really aren't that interesting. some though kick serious ass.

Partially agreed...

To cliffburton: *sighs* i'm not fuckin 13!!!! And i have listened to a lot of other bands. It's not like Bodom is like the only thing i listen to...well these days i'v been listening to them a lot but still, there are a lot of guitarists but Alexi is still the best. He's better than Steve Vai and i have listened to his playing.

Lady_Laiho said:
To cliffburton: *sighs* i'm not fuckin 13!!!! And i have listened to a lot of other bands. It's not like Bodom is like the only thing i listen to...well these days i'v been listening to them a lot but still, there are a lot of guitarists but Alexi is still the best. He's better than Steve Vai and i have listened to his playing.

Steve might not play fast all the time but in terms of technique (which you know nothing about because you're not a guitarist), Vai is better.

So is Jason Becker.

So is MOTHERFUCKING PAUL GILBERT. OMG I LOVE THAT GUY.

FearTheReaper said:
Well alexi and company make way better songs which are far for varied and dragonforce is the same shit in 10 songs so...

Exactly, DF sounds similar in every song (I hate their gay singer), I end up fast forwarding through the verses and choruses to get to the good stuff...Kind of like Dream Theater. Dragon Force is fake anyways...I saw them live in Philly, and there were more minuses then pluses. The singer is gay, the second guitarist is a joke, cannot pull off any of his "pick tapping." He has nowhere as much skill as Li. Their new bass player was totally unimpressive, he plays with a pick (the old bass player was WAY better, played with his fingers, did funk and slap), the keyboard player was okay, doesn't hold up a candle to Janne. Herman Li was the only thing that made admission worth the price, truly a virtuoso. As far has him being better than Alexi, I'd have to say no because I never fast forward through Bodom or Sinergy, hence the music is written better in my opinion. Just curious, has anyone seen Herman Li and the second DF guy fuck up in "I bet you can't play this" from GW magazine? (It's on YouTube) Funny as shit...especially the parody video called "I bet you can't play this...cuz we can't either" LMAO

:headbang:
MasqueReaper said:
Exactly, DF sounds similar in every song (I hate their gay singer), I end up fast forwarding through the verses and choruses to get to the good stuff...Kind of like Dream Theater. Dragon Force is fake anyways...I saw them live in Philly, and there were more minuses then pluses. The singer is gay, the second guitarist is a joke, cannot pull off any of his "pick tapping." He has nowhere as much skill as Li. Their new bass player was totally unimpressive, he plays with a pick (the old bass player was WAY better, played with his fingers, did funk and slap), the keyboard player was okay, doesn't hold up a candle to Janne. Herman Li was the only thing that made admission worth the price, truly a virtuoso. As far has him being better than Alexi, I'd have to say no because I never fast forward through Bodom or Sinergy, hence the music is written better in my opinion. Just curious, has anyone seen Herman Li and the second DF guy fuck up in "I bet you can't play this" from GW magazine? (It's on YouTube) Funny as shit...especially the parody video called "I bet you can't play this...cuz we can't either" LMAO

i'll drink to this:kickass: you truely know whats up kudos to you:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.