who's coming for the MMF next month?

Nogie: wouldn't it be great to be able to go to whatever show you wanted to see, whenever you wanted to see it? (dreaming, i know...)

how about show conflicts, ie, multiple shows on the same night? :guh: i hate that!

for example, here in my 'hood on July 3...

Classic Rock Heaven/Hell?

Blue Öyster Cult
John Kay + Steppenwolf
B.T.O.

bah! decisions, decisions.

hehe i wish i could go to whatever show i wanted to see and whenever i wanted to see it!! i'd never be home :tickled:
it would be great. ;)

and yeah, show conflicts would definitely suck.. unfortunately, i dont have to deal with it cuz noone comes here! :bah:
:\ oh man. i didn't mean to make that sound like it did (like gloating), but conflicts like that happen more often than i'd like sometimes around here. :erk:

I went in 2000 for Opeth, but the bands haven't been compelling enough for me to make the trip since then.

I just looked at the website to see who's playing, and I can't read half the headliners because of those stupid logos!! :yell:

And Ice T is playing?!?! Wow. That's actually pretty fucking awesome. Good for him, holy shit.

Lina: yep. Ice-T is scheduled to play, Naglfar and now Vital Remains too! (xtreme) :D

well, since Opeth is going to be here (in Chicago) the same night as the opening night of the Fest, i would assume you'd rather be in Chicago that night. ??? ;)

ps. thanks for the bump! :)

I'm considering on going, although I'll have to miss the first night because of Opeth. But, I do not like the idea of Body Count and M.O.D. headlining.....so I guess time will tell.

Embers: cool! this year i might like to see how many message board peeps i can meet. short of wearing name tags though (geigh?), i'm not sure how that might be accomplished.

I dont attend anything that jerk Jack Koshick promotes. Plus the lineup stinks...I saw like 8 local NYC bands I know, comprised of 15 and 16 yr olds/just plain terrible on that bill...the MMF has gone way downhill. The New England Metal fests roster was incredible, most likely due to to the fact most bands cant stand Jack Koshick, and refuse to play the MMF...and who can blame them?

hmm. sorry to hear you've had bad experiences with JKPs. i've never attended any other JKP other than the yearly Milwaukee event. so i can't comment. however, some of my friends and acquaintances from local Chicago bands often go and p(l)ay Milwaukee every year too, and i like to go see them, as well as the other bigger acts that play. Seems like a lot of folks like to bash the MMF but some damned good (if not great) bigger bananas end up playing there. Last year, for instance: Testament, Arch Enemy, Susperia!

i dunno. i'm still sorry you've had bad luck where you are but personally i just go shows and enjoy. i don't get involved in any of the politics of it.