Who's getting Ghost Reveries next week?

Who's getting Ghost Reveries next week?

• Total voters
That Opeth/Agalloch comment is interesting. I never really saw a connection, but it just makes me think of the many reviews I've had where people said it sounded like old Opeth, when the only bands I was thinking about while I was writing it were Agalloch and Vintersorg!

Agalloch never sounded like Opeth in any single way, for fuck's sake! When "The Mantle" came out, the only valid connection you could make is that fans of early-Opeth might enjoy Agalloch due to the interplay of metal/acoustic chords, but that was it really.

This was a lot better when I was high.

Oh well, still seeing them tomorrow night with DT and... DT.

Dick Sirloin said:
This was a lot better when I was high.

Oh well, still seeing them tomorrow night with DT and... DT.

Can't fucking wait for this concert. Dark Tranquillity has the most intimate and personal shows ever... just make sure you're right up front.

I'm mainly going for Devin, but I'm actually pretty pumped about DT as well. Do you think they'll play any older material?

Hmmmm... I'm not sure what they're doing these days, but they'll probably go as far back as "The Gallery". As far as I know, they don't ever play Skydancer stuff anymore :(

You'll love it, I swear.

For the record, I in general don't give a fuck about Opeth anymore besides "Orchid" and "My Arms, Your Hearse". I don't care about seeing them live, either... I just want to see DT and DTB.

Yeah, I've already seen Opeth twice and, to be honest, I wouldn't be too depressed if we left after DT.

Then again, Opeth are like the guy who used to be your best friend back in high school but after a few years you realized that his antics had grown old and the two of you really had nothing in common any more. He still calls you every now and then and the two of you hang out and throw some eggs at your old principal's house and you think "Yeah, _____'s pretty cool dude" but you never really feel the urge to hang out with him again.

Dick Sirloin said:
Then again, Opeth are like the guy who used to be your best friend back in high school but after a few years you realized that his antics had grown old and the two of you really had nothing in common any more. He still calls you every now and then and the two of you hang out and throw some eggs at your old principal's house and you think "Yeah, _____'s pretty cool dude" but you never really feel the urge to hang out with him again.
haha, awesome...that's how i feel about old metallica

MFJ said:
For the record, I in general don't give a fuck about Opeth anymore besides "Orchid" and "My Arms, Your Hearse". I don't care about seeing them live, either... I just want to see DT and DTB.

OF COURSE you pick the only 2 really worth listening to.

Except Still Life. 'kin rules! My favourite album EVAR for like 2 years back in the day.

Wait.

So "Reverie/Harlequin Forest" is pretty damn spectacular, I'll admit.

Too bad "The Grand Conjuration" is TERRIBLE! :puke: Worst song they've ever done...

The only reason to see GC would be if they played LODDOD in its entirety.

Gugs: sweet, love that track.

Yea Punish my heaven fucking slays my nuts off.

Skydancer > The Gallery > Eh everything else they've done.

I'll strongly consider the DT gig. I don't know if I can handle 2 weekday gigs back to back anywho.

Plus I think GC is playing strickly acoustic stuff. Since it's a sushi bar and all.

Opeth

w/ The Devin Townsend Band

/ T.B.A.

Dark Tranquility has Cancelled

7PM Doors

8PM Show

:mad: :mad: :mad: