Who's getting Ghost Reveries next week?

Who's getting Ghost Reveries next week?

• Total voters
Blablabllabla Orchid + Damnation > rest blablalbablb etc... :D

Have you read that Opeth interview when he clearly says Opeth >>>> Agalloch = meh band? Have to find the link it's ridiculous . Opeth has really became and a prog' band (where prog means bad :tickled: )

AkerfeldtGangsta.jpg

lolz

On the Ruthless Forum (which admittedly is largely populated by sad nerds living in their mothers' basements), lots of dudes in the Death Metal section (Burning Down the Church) have been bagging on your new album saying that you guys haven't done anything new in four records and that, My Arms, Your Hearse is Opeth's best material. Obviously, I disagree, but I'm sure that sentiment is not confined to our little forum -- how do you answer those sort of remarks? And is it just because MAYH (and really Morning Rise) are just so damn heavy? And for the record, I think Still Life is your best record -- a real breakthrough.

Thanks, and yes I’ve heard that too which baffles me. I mean, how can you listen to Still Life, Blackwater, Deliverance and Damnation and fucking Ghost Reveries and say it’s nothing new?? I mean that aint right!! Unless you’re a fucking genius coming up with wicked symphonies that transcend every fucking style of music there is, then you have to admit that Opeth is fairly groundbreaking for whatever metal scene that exists. You can’t say that we do nothing new and then say that you worship Agalloch and the likes who sound like we did 13 years ago. Those people simply don’t have a clue what they’re talking about. Now if they say they don’t like it, that’s another thing and I fucking respect that, but don’t come saying that we haven’t done anything new for the last 7-8 years, you’re just making a fucking fool of yourself. Thanks BTW, I really like Still Life as well!

I overstated but still , are there grown-up musicians that do not turn pretentious ? :erk:

Ellestin said:
And I absolutely love how the interviewer says "Obviously, I disagree". Pathetic ass-licking moron.

Typical Opeth forum answer . I was like that for 2 months maybe , and now I don't even worship any band (almost) .. FUCK I WANT TO KILL PEOPLE SOMETIMES .

I thought GR was pretty good, definitely better than anything since "Still Life."
That said, I still haven't bought it, nor feel the urgent need to.

7.5/10

Dick Sirloin said:
I thought GR was pretty good, definitely better than anything since "Still Life."
That said, I still haven't bought it, nor feel the urgent need to.

7.5/10

That's your prog side :tickled: (there it's not as "shit" :loco: )

man, ive been listening to orchid and morningrise alot lately. the two albums are so good i find it hard-pressed to even listen to GR. the new album is pretty bad in many respects. one of which is "grand conjuration" is probably the worst song ever written.
as far as "doing new things" and progressing - who cares? whats so good about new and progressive? id be happy if opeth released morningrise part 2.
or whatever. most people analyze things waaaaaayyyy too much.

Akerfeldt said:
Unless you’re a fucking genius coming up with wicked symphonies that transcend every fucking style of music there is, then you have to admit that Opeth is fairly groundbreaking for whatever metal scene that exists. You can’t say that we do nothing new and then say that you worship Agalloch and the likes who sound like we did 13 years ago.

Woah. Did Akerfeldt really say this, or is this like that Slipknot banner thing?

So Opeth sounded like a neo-folk metal band back in '92, eh? Must've been that super rare demo or something. :Smug:

But really, is this for real, or was this taken out of context?

god, who knows. this is the intarweb.
but let's face it, musicians arent the best when it comes to public relations. ive been turned off to many a band by the incredibly dumb things that come out of their mouths during interviews.