Who's going to Progpower USA???

Mav, those first posts were from last years festival. :p And as for this years progpower festival.....i'm gonna have to skip this year as well. But not because of a weak lineup, but mostly money issues. Would love to see Andromeda and SUE. Others are pretty awesome as well! Oh well, at least we got BARfest! :kickass:

Wow . . .

I'm scratching my head wondering how could a show with:
1. Amorphis
2. Iced Earth
3. Riverside
4. Andromeda
5. Spheric Universe Experience

NOT be a good show? :worship: some of these being rare jems
or "what are the chances of them coming stateside".
This is not "Cochella" or some Pop festival full of bands that get
tons of radio play and are pure CRAP . . . its Prog!
High Quality "MUSIC" with almost every Prog sub-genre'
represented :kickass:

I suggest seeking out these bands you don't know, hear some
samples (at their Sites, MYspace, Progulus or other sources) and
maybe you will be pleasantly surprised (but listen to a "few" songs
before judgement).
. . . Its a PROG show for God sakes! How could it be BAD unless
you threw in the "Strokes" in the middle of it :loco:

GET OUT THERE and support the Bands and the PrOg Community
and make them feel wanted and thank them for their contributions
to this Top 40 stagnant world!
PrOg On all :headbang:

. . . and don't hit me . . . OW!!! HEY~!!!

It's not a bad line up by any means, I am excited about Amorphis, Riverside, Andromeda and Elvenking, I've seen IE with Barlow before and they will tour so I don't have to travel for that...but I've been to all PP's since 4 and it costs a chunk of change and time off work to get to Atlanta from California every year... I'm still making it, because it's a friggin' blast no matter who is playing:kickass::kickass:, but the fact is that last year's line up was much better for me... Making it more worth it...

oops!

Thanx for pointing out the Posts Fabio . . .

Hitting head on wall to make the bricks fall on top of me :(
Sorry about that, I didn't even notice the post dates . . . I will return to the darkness until BAR and CalProg.

. . . adue

(Elvenking too! cool! Have fun to all that are going!)

With the recent additions of a few bands (Mustache, Saint Deamon, Rob Rock) and the Circle II Circle show added I decided to go now. LOL I still stand by what I said earlier but I like the bands that were added way over the other bands...It looks to be a really cool time now..

All I need to some sober people to hang out with and I am good to go :headbang:

Bear

With the recent additions of a few bands (Mustache, Saint Deamon, Rob Rock) and the Circle II Circle show added I decided to go now. LOL I still stand by what I said earlier but I like the bands that were added way over the other bands...It looks to be a really cool time now..

All I need to some sober people to hang out with and I am good to go :headbang:

Bear

HEY BEAR, I GOT 12.5 YEARS SOBER AND I'LL BE THERE....:headbang:

I'll be there! Graspop in June, ProgPower USA in september... this summer will be a blast!!

thanks Rick..... its only cause of this journey, that I am able to enjoy all the Metal, that I do these days......:headbang:
You're welcome! I'm sure. While I've been spared the gene that makes that first drink so dangerous, I haven't been spared by its effects on my life and my children's. I have seen the hold that alcohol can have on people and the damage it can do and its pretty scary...

Hey Rick! Good to see you here. You going to both ProgPowerUSA and BARFEST this year?
Hey Eric!

Thanks! Unfortunately, at this time, it looks like the answer is no. :( As I was telling Keith [Sharward] the other day, I won't be able to make it to BAR Fest this year. A good friend is getting married on Friday and we have a band practice scheduled for the next day. The practice wouldn't be such a big deal but it is already so difficult for us to get together and summer is only worse, so bowing out of that isn't an option. We have a mini east cost tour with Suspyre and another band in the beginning of August and July is not looking good for us getting together for practice right now so every practice beforehand is more important than normal.

I'd LOVE to see LTE, ZH, and Suncaged too, so this really sucks. :( God help me if Enchant makes a return appearance too! That would absolutely kill me! I can't wait to see what the rest of the lineup will be.

Hey Eric!

Thanks! Unfortunately, at this time, it looks like the answer is no. :( As I was telling Keith [Sharward] the other day, I won't be able to make it to BAR Fest this year. A good friend is getting married on Friday and we have a band practice scheduled for the next day. The practice wouldn't be such a big deal but it is already so difficult for us to get together and summer is only worse, so bowing out of that isn't an option. We have a mini east cost tour with Suspyre and another band in the beginning of August and July is not looking good for us getting together for practice right now so every practice beforehand is more important than normal.

I'd LOVE to see LTE, ZH, and Suncaged too, so this really sucks. :( God help me if Enchant makes a return appearance too! That would absolutely kill me! I can't wait to see what the rest of the lineup will be.

I hear ya! Well, weddings and perparing for touring are great things to be up to as well, I guess I'll be seeing you at PPUSA then...:kickass:

. . . As I was telling Keith [Sharward] the other day, I won't be able to make it to BAR Fest this year. . .

Confirmed: Indeed, Rick did say that. :erk:

And I told him there was no excuse and that I would continue to harrass him, which will probably do no good... :mad:

Yup, it's official -- I'm programmed into Rick's "Keep Me Awake And Entertained: I'm On A Long Drive" mobile speed dial. :cool: