Who's going to the Chicago Special Event - Seated?

Rychster

New Metal Member
Oct 15, 2005
I am going and am psyched as hell. I have never seen them live yet and I am going to fly to Chicago and visit an old friend to do this. We will also make the trip to Milwaukee the next day for their regular tour show.

Nothing can be better than this right now! I am a pure metal head and Opeth has become probably my all time favorite band in just a short while. I am getting old so that is no small feat.. As my user name implies, I am a QR fan too.:headbang:

Any one know how I can get my hands on a set list? I have a pretty good idea of most of the songs they will play but this special show in Chicago should be a long one. Hopefully 3 hours! I hope I have my hearing after these two shows. I will need my earplugs to keep me fresh.

last year during their underground tour. They were not the headliners (LoG was) but they kicked everyones ars including LoG that night!

Hey dude. Me and two of my buddies will be road tripping to the Chicago show from Atlanta, GA and making the Milwaukee show the next day also! Hope to see you there..

NoQuarter said:
Hey dude. Me and two of my buddies will be road tripping to the Chicago show from Atlanta, GA and making the Milwaukee show the next day also! Hope to see you there..

I'll be the guy wearing the Empire Special Edition Ryche tour shirt:)

See ya there!

BTW - I'm from VA so we are coming a long way too. What is funny is that they are playing in Norfolk in a couple weeks which is miles from my house but I will not go so that it is a new experience for me and my friend.

Haha. I don't think I could plan what shirt I'm gonna wear a month ahead of time but we should get together after the show or something and party it up! Pass out for several hours and then hit that Milwaukee show..

NoQuarter said:
Haha. I don't think I could plan what shirt I'm gonna wear a month ahead of time but we should get together after the show or something and party it up! Pass out for several hours and then hit that Milwaukee show..

I don't have many tour shirts anymore so it's a no-brainer for me. I think I want to buy an Opeth shirt though. I am close to 40 years old so it may look strange on a guy like me but who cares.

I won't be driving so hell ya I will be drinking it up for sure.

Wonder what song(s) they will play from Morningrise. I hope at least IBYF and Advent.

murderedbysound said:
Hell ya I got seats 73 and 74. But whos going to be sitting??? I doubt I will be

I wonder why they say seated for this one. They don't for the NY and LA shows. Do you think they would have foldout chairs near the front and people standing there? Or maybe it's stadium-like seating where they are anchored with people rushing to the stage. I think we have side seats on the balcony. We would be close to the stage but at angle that would be okay with me.

I have 106. For those who are from out of town, the House of Blues is not a seated venue. The seat numbers could just be a formality. I've had numbered tickets for unseated venues before.

Anyway, I got an email from the HoB today saying that they're almost sold out already.

I too will be going to the show in Chicago. It is my first Opeth show but they have been my favorite band for nearly six years so this is a long time coming and I could not be more excited! Since they have a no camera policy I was wondering if any of you will be sneaking one in and if so I would love to get a copy of the pictures so I can keep them for the memories. thanks.

I'll be there, but my ticket is General Admission, I don't think it's all seated.

Actually my ticket says Section G.A, meaning General Admission, but also says Row G4, seat 57. So who knows what it means!

From what I gather it's seated but General Admission. So first come first serve when it comes to where you will be sitting.

heh if theres folding seats it could get violent during some of the songs (demon and like deliverence or BWP). But ya I was sceptical since the HOB is not seated so...we shall see. I most likely will be wearing a Still Life shirt or an Amon Amarth shirt.

I am flying up there from Texas (not on the tour! wtf? but that's another thread) for the show. Luckily my brother lives there and I can stay at his place.

I am stoked about the show but know virtually no one in Chicago and my bro, unfortunately is not into that type of music. So hopefully I will meet some cool people.

I will probably be the only one wearing a black Hawkwind shirt, so if you see me say hey.

I'm going! I'm so excited! I'm buying tickets right now too. But what is this about seating? Last time I went to Opeth at the hob it was floor, GA. I really hope they don't put chairs out. Is it really going to sell out? I know the last two Opeth concerts didn't.

murderedbysound said:
But ya I was sceptical since the HOB is not seated so...we shall see.

From Blabbermouth:

Sweden's OPETH will hold several special performances, dubbed "Chronology MCMXCIV- MMV - A Live Observation By Opeth", in select U.S. markets on their upcoming tour encompassing material from each of their albums released throughout their career (1994-2005).

These shows will be seated, with no support bands and will run for over two hours each with unique production. The markets in which these special nights will be held are New York, Chicago, and there is also a to-be-scheduled special performance in Los Angeles, CA.

murderedbysound said:
Hell ya I got seats 73 and 74. But whos going to be sitting??? I doubt I will be
As someone with a terrible back, I am thrilled about being able to sit. Everytime I go to a concert and have to stand for more than an hour I am miserable. This is a seated event and I would hope people would stay seated so others don't also have to stand to see over you. Headbang in your seat. :headbang: