whos got a special edition cd?

He means the time signature, but i'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

I have all four special editions and none of them have any problems for me. Also for the larger picture, the booklet that comes with it is just like any other booklet, the front of it is the front cover of the regular cd case.

well, when you look at the number 13, if you squeeze the 1 and the 3 close together, they look like a B, so, he thought it was played in B, not 13 for the time signature...and he plays it in D :) and...does anyone else have the korean release of the odyssey? i just got it today, and it has a bonus track called Frontiers that i hadn't even heard of before...i think it's pretty cool...just wanted to see other opinions of it.

Rose Immortal said:
I think--seriously, because I've seen the same things from album to album--there are a few words that the Symphony X members simply do not know how to spell.

One of those is "lose", which they always spell "loose"...which a lot of people do. There are a few others, but that's the one I keep seeing over and over again.

first of all, i'm austrian.... so i should be the last one to correct someone, but lose and loose are different words IMHO.

google says

As an adjective, loose is the opposite of "tight": "The loose rope allowed me to escape before the explosion."

As a verb, loose means "untie": "Loose these chains and we shall be free!"

Lose is the opposite of "find": "If I don't wear my keys around my neck, I will lose them."

greets

samy

p.s. i went through some booklets and never read lose or loose ;)

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
i have heard frontiers but dont have it on my odyssey cd.

yeah, it was on the korean release that i got recently...unless it's not supposed to be. i got it in the mail, and it's not listed as a track anywhere on the cd, it's just an extra track, so, i don't know what's up.

It's definitely on the Japanese version. I thought it was a nice change, given how heavy the rest of the Odyssey was.

samallica said:
first of all, i'm austrian.... so i should be the last one to correct someone, but lose and loose are different words IMHO.

google says

As an adjective, loose is the opposite of "tight": "The loose rope allowed me to escape before the explosion."

As a verb, loose means "untie": "Loose these chains and we shall be free!"

Lose is the opposite of "find": "If I don't wear my keys around my neck, I will lose them."

greets

samy

p.s. i went through some booklets and never read lose or loose ;)

we know this :p :dopey:

Yeah but surely anything by Dream Theater is better?

I think Frontiers should have been the special edition bonus track in place of Masquerade 98.

kazahana said:
Yeah but surely anything by Dream Theater is better?

I think Frontiers should have been the special edition bonus track in place of Masquerade 98.

OF COURSE THEY ARE HAH ;)

Yea, me too or thrown in both tracks.

Or maybe Symphony X should do a remake of The Self Titled cd with Russell Allen and better production would be nice too :)

Metropolis Part 2 said:
OF COURSE THEY ARE HAH ;)

Yea, me too or thrown in both tracks.

Or maybe Symphony X should do a remake of The Self Titled cd with Russell Allen and better production would be nice too :)

I don't think they would. It would be an insult to Rod Tyler.

Metropolis Part 2 said:

Redoing some (not all, at this point) of the s/t songs with Russ on vox is something they've been planning on doing for a while. When it will happen & what form it will take remains to be seen.

Jax said:
Redoing some (not all, at this point) of the s/t songs with Russ on vox is something they've been planning on doing for a while. When it happens or what form it takes remains to be seen.

It would be great to hear Russ singing some of Rod's stuff, the Masquerade remake was sweet! :cool:

No, I don't think its an insult to Rod Taylor, I just think that SX is MUCH MUCH more capable than that cd.