Who's got the greatest vocal range in metal?

Yngtchie Blacksteen said:
Did you mean the whole song or just the clip? There was only a clip at their website.

The Bb is in the clip, its part of the na na na thing... like this

Code:
na naaa na na  na    na  na  naaa na na naaaa na na naaaa
F  F   E   D   E      G  A    Bb    A  G   F       F   E   D

then 2nd time is:

na naaa na na  na    na  na  naaa na na naaaa na na naaaa
F  F  E   D   E      G  A    Bb    A  G   F       A  Bb A

just to give you an idea how high that is, the Bb is on the 5th ledger line above the treble staff....thats fucking insane high. Ive only heard one other person go higher, thats this dude from Nitro, he hit a high B.

As much as I hate Dani Filth, he CAN hit those obnoxious high notes, and still do a deep gothic voice as well as a death growl. And the guy's like 5 feet tall, too...yikes!

I would have to say Geoff Tate. If you listen to songs like "Queen of he Reich" its just insane that he can hit those inhumanly high notes. On the ohter hand, when he is singing low parts such as in Silent Lucidity his voice rumbles in the P.A.

hmm, I would have to say King Diamond, that guy can go pretty high and can growl like the rest of em.

But I would have to say the best Metal vocalist has to be Bruce Dickinson, that guy is the man! Also worth mentioning are Rusell and Hansi Kursch (I dont know aboutyou guys, but I love BG vocals)

Yngvai X said:
Ive only heard one other person go higher, thats this dude from Nitro, he hit a high B.
Yeah, I was going to mention him. He would break glass with his voice as part of the stage show, and things like that.

I would turn inside out if I even tried to hit some of those notes.

Hey, now THAT would be a pretty cool stage show...

minstrel: Yeah, Hansi's vocals are one of my favorite things about Blind Guardian. And I think he just keeps getting better.

That dude from Nitro was just ridiculous, not only he could hit a high B, but also could go really low too, from memory he said he had a 6 octave range at his peak! insane, but so was the whole Nitro band. A joke. The higest singer and the fastest guitarist of that time (Mike Angelo, another freek like the singer) and the most ridiculous 80's fasion. Pity that they couldn't make good music together lol.

He ain't that fast, actually. Anyone can play that fast with some practice, even I. Here's a clip of me playing faster than usual: http://www.home.no/dreamspace/Music/Chill piece.mp3

Umm, youre being sarcastic right? Cause there was zero fast playing in that mp3.

And about Angelo...are you confusing him with someone else, because he's a monster speed guy, and also one of the cleanest pickers Ive ever heard.

He ain't that fast, actually. Anyone can play that fast with some practice, even I. Here's a clip of me playing faster than usual: http://www.home.no/dreamspace/Music/Chill%20piece.mp3
DUDE, Mike Angelo Batio is freekishly fast. Sure it has no emotion and no melody genreally whn he's playing fast, but noone can deny he is the fastest shredder of the 80's. I think you got him mixed up with Mike Akerfeldt or someone.

Good question, I mean, he's 42 years old, married, andhe's got nothing better to do than follow me around on the internet. I think there's something seriously wrong with him, normal people just don't do those things.
I know you! I'll send you a PM on that other forum here in a sec.

To answer the original question: Mr. Doctor from Devil Doll and DEVIN FUCKING TOWNSEND!