Who's in a band?

Yngvai X said:
Just to tell you, there is a band called WinterFELL out there. Kinda similar names so maybe you might think about changing it...

Good to know, thanks! I wasn't really planning on keeping it (as I noted), but for some reason I just like the way it sounds!

I'm in a band. Currently writing new material (example in my sig) and looking for a good enoguh singer to incorporate all the vairous styles I write songs for!
I play Bass and write most of the lyrics!
Mainly just good old heavy metal with other stuff like prog metal, thrash metal and power metal in there!
Band name = Arctic Night

Bill of Betrayer: dude PARANOID!!! hell yeah man! i was in a cover band two years ago and that was an awesome one to play. i played it similar to the way your drummer plays it. you guys did an excellent job with it.
excellent Mustaine voice on holy wars!

my band's just starting on our second song, with our new vocalist. its pretty awesome. we only have maybe a minute and a half of it so far, and were turning this into one of those loooong ones. (around 10 minutes were hoping, but whatever sounds the best) its a concept song, too. kinda dark sounding. a little more dark sounding than i expected, but its still good. im hopin to lighten it up a bit. I get a drum solo towards the end, with an awesome guitar/vocal harmony over it. once we get this one done, we're headin' into the studio (coughPrelude-To-An-End'sbasementcough) to record our first song and this one, since theres a 2 part thing goin on. we're lookin at sometime in the summer for this. everything is goin real well with the new singer, ...when he wakes up in time for practice, that is :cool:. were all writing like crazy, its gonna be a good one.
Also, theres some talk about a *classical medley*. i've started some of it already, by making Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata Movement 3 into the most unbelievable Neo-classical song ever. Alla Turca (8 finger tapping, watch out romeo! lol) is in there, and other Mozart stuff that i forget the names of right now. theres gonna be more, and WE STILL NEED A FUNNY NAME FOR THIS!!! ...every medley that we do has a funny name (SX medley = honor thy fat), if anyone has any suggestions for names or additional classical pieces, they are more than welcome! :cool:

I play in a progressive and melodic rockband. We have written and recorded over 60 minutes of music for a concept album. But it's still in the mixing phase and it will take a lot of work to get it done. Before that we had recorded a 6 min demo for MP3 (that can be downloaded on our site), but we now realize that one isn't up to standards though it gives an impression of the music. The album will sound a lot better eventually.

its the classical medley were lookin for a name for. our name is Awakenings, altho we might change it sometime if we think of sum'm better. *classical sidewalk* will definately go in the bag of names. thanks. more names are welcome, too. :cool: