whos' the numbnutz that says grindcore ain't metal?

Thraxz said:
I don't consider it to be music.

lmfao

Grindcore/Grind in general is rooted in punk. While a lot of newer grind has an undeniably overwhelming metal influence, it's still not metal in the sense that black metal and death metal are. The song structuring is usually very punk.

Goregrind, on the other hand, is a legitimate metal sub-genre because it is usually resemblant to old-school grind with many gory death metal influences, from the vocals to the riff patterns.

People who don't consider grind to be music have A). not heard enough grind, or B). are the dumbest people on the planet and in dire need of developing a dehabilitating and eventually fatal form of cancer, preferably of the testicular sort.

If you want my opinion on the band matter at hand, Carcass were a terminally mediocre band who released a lot of influential stuff but never did anything incredible themselves (aka they're the Mayhem of death/grind).

Guardian of Darkness said:
I don't have banning rights. I've requested bans for quite a few people from Deron though, and they've generally been carried out.

Well, you should definitely be given the authority to ban people from this sub-forum at least...

Oh well :(

At least you can request bans that's something. Still, I think you should be stricter when it comes to stoping flame fests, and the above "F*** you F*****S!"

GoD, on a scale of one to infinity, I care nil.

(we're still cool btw, right? [in a sexual way])

Bah, if we start censoring every single little insult it'll become ludicrous methinks. If a war actually starts then I deal with it but singular insults are so regular, I doubt anyone on the board would have the free time to sift through each thread deleting each one.

Int, you admitted on more than one occasion that you perform self-fellatio. I've never seen you take an interest in anything else, and I'm almost positive you're not tasteful enough to seek any kind of sexual relationship with me. Nontheless, being 'cool' in a sexual way is actually quite a bad thing, surely it's better to be 'hot'. Rethink your posts in the future Int, I don't want to have to do this again.

Dodens Grav said:
GoD has been a great moderator. Fuck you faggots.

Any one who hates GoD is just pissed off because they pushed the boundaries of stupidity so far that even GoD couldn't stand it any longer and locked it. If I were the MOD there'd be twice as many locks floating around and you'd have a REAl reason to call me MOD nazi.

GoD is a good mod. Maybe there must be enhancements in this site. Like the genre boards. Each board for every genre, say Death Metal, Black Metal, Doom Metal, Power Metal and other cheesy stuff, Thrash Metal, Grindcore, Gothic Metal, Heavy/Traditional Metal, Progressive Metal and even, let's say Ambient...

But please no nu metal and hardcore boards, bring back the Hate Pit rather...

The non-metal forum is completely and utterly useless, and this forum is called 'general music discussion', so I'm allowing non-metal threads these days.

Most grind, especially nowadays, is metal, since it has tons of metal influence. However, bands like Anal Cunt, Vaginal Jesus, Agorophobic Nosebleed, Gods of Emptiness etc., are not metal. Squash Bowels, Dead Infection, Pig Destroyer, Bowel Stew, etc. are metal. Early Napalm Death and early Carcass is metal as well.

Dodens Grav said:
Ultimate Metal

Also note that there is a Non-Metal board

Guardian of Darkness said:
The non-metal forum is completely and utterly useless, and this forum is called 'general music discussion'

I agree.

I suspect that the average age of the UM user is 15. I've never seen so much whining about such an innocuous authority. There are hardly any topics locked and no one gets banned. That spic Terrifier is the worst offender. Shut the fuck up, you cunts.

Anyway, early Napalm Death is far closer to HC than any metal. Clean the come out of your ears, shithead.