who's watching the metallica thingy on mtv?

Stygian_Apothegm

New Metal Member
Mar 26, 2003
Athens, Jo'gia
stygianapothegm.iuma.com
this is awesomeeeeeeeeee. :D

it's fucking hilarious to see these idiots trying cover songs. but i must admit i had no idea the dudes from avril lavigne could rock! although avril destroyed the song with her horrible 'singing' the other dudes were awesome. avril is just so uninspiring.

and staind did really well to, they did a short version of nothing else matters. that guy has a good voice but no fire in it.. if you know what i mean.

that's all that they've shown so far. it's gonna be fun to watch korn do a song (im guessing master of puppets).

james wears glasses now!

korn.... hahahahha. what can i say, jonathan davis completely sucks at clean vocals although his 'growl' isnt too bad. omg they didnt even play the ending of the song, BULLSHIT. they were too scared of the solos probably. the drummer couldnt even do the triplets hahaha. he kept fucking up.

ah..

sounds interesting, it isn't on here.. i don't think i could watch it because it'd be disheartening though..

limp bizkit is doing sanitarium... he kinda made it into his own style which i thought was cool. it actually sounded pretty good. then he fucked up the middle. wtf is this? they turned it into some techno hip hop shit. ewwww. im still waiting for the solo... doubt it will happen tho.

nope didnt happen.

Argh, I missed most of it... I just put it on at the end of Limp Penis doing Sanitarium. I wanted to sit through this whole show and laugh my ass off at all the lame attempts at covering Metallica songs. Have ANY of the bands done the solos? This I need to know.

Oh yeah, and has anyone done Master of Puppets yet?

i thought korn did a good job, but everything else was really too gay to watch... i get a kick out of sum 41 though, so i dont want to bash them really either. but avril and staind were gayer than fuck. stopped watching though. glad im not seeing the b.i.z.

-Desecrated- said:
Argh, I missed most of it... I just put it on at the end of Limp Penis doing Sanitarium. I wanted to sit through this whole show and laugh my ass off at all the lame attempts at covering Metallica songs. Have ANY of the bands done the solos? This I need to know.

Oh yeah, and has anyone done Master of Puppets yet?
it's over now, no one did MOP. korn did the first 2 solos of "one" and the avril lavigne dude did the solo to 'fuel.' i dont think anyone else did.

oh and they played a medley.. and did all old shit except for one little part from enter sandman, so i thought that was good.

and at the end i think they played a song from st. anger. and it looks to be hopeful... it had some bursts of speed (kill em all) with some groovy riffs (black). it will be an interesting album but they did not go back to their roots 100%.

Sum 41 did MoP, I didn't see it. Didn't see Staind either, too busy trying to watch 24.

Arvil=Ok
Snoop Dogg=No comment, that was pathetic
KoRn=Davis SUCKED, the rest was deeecent, but they said they were gonna play the hardest Metallica song, yet dropped the solo, which is the hardest part.
Limp Bikzit: I thought it was pathetic myself
Jim Breuer: More metal than KoRn and Limp Bizkit ever wish they could be. :D

I thought the end with Metallica was amazing, though.

Okay so I HAD to watch this...it's like gawking at a car wreck on the side of the road...just somethin' you have to see. Sum 41 was disturbing, yet they did the music pretty well. Avril sucked ass on vocals and she really didn't seem into it (gee I wonder why) but her band really delivered. I thought Korn did a really good job and Limp Bizkit was just laughable. I wanted to punch Snoop Dog in the face. I mean, ok, so he rapped it, but did you get a load of the fucking DELAYED reaction he was putting on the lyrics??? Holy FUCK was that annoying!!!

Anyway, yes I do believe that was a song off of St. Anger that they played at the end. I was kind of annoyed that it was being played during the credits. The beginning sounded quite promising...and then it got a little weak. Hmmmm...

*runs away to ponder the new Metallica*