Who's Who

Name: Christoph Brandes a.k.a. Brandy

Own Band: Drummer, but no time for playing drums these days, "Second Coming" (oldschool Deathmatel - R.I.P) - "Mightiest" ist still alive but not active as well as a "on hold" rock-project. In the 90is countless other combos and stuff from orchestra to funk and jazz.

Hobbies: Mountainbiking, Reptiles and much more (if time allowes)
Former Job: Bike Messenger

Musical Tastes: Hard to tell, everything wich is:

a) good music
b) played well
c) has a great production
d) has vibe/athmosphere

...pick one or all of these attributes

So some metal, some rock, some jazz... But my interest is of course METAL!

Favorite Band: I can't think of one, there are so many great bands on that planet wich are releasing brilliant and not so brilliant stuff. Yesterday i listened to the new Live-Record of "Jazz Pistols" - great stuff, a trio wich realy kicks ass..

Favorite Album: Same like "fave Band" - there are so many great records... Mh, i allways can listen to "Death-Symbolic" ... and the other Records of Death... I like Slash's Snakepit very much but sometimes i just put in Dark Funeral ;-)

Generaly i don't listen to much music these days.

Favorite Producer: Can't tell. There are a lot of brilliant guys on that planet.

Production Experience: a lot but i never stop learning

Production Gear : Just to tell about the most important (for me) - DualOpteron DAW with Nuendo3, 3x PoCo (with all Oxford Plugs), 3xUAD with all availeble Plugins. ADAM S3A Monitors, Presonus Central Station, Lynx Aurora Converter, some MoTu Interfaces... A green Iguana, a Senseo-Machine... 2 Ears... The other stuff is nothing special. Some mics, some kables...

Name : Nitronium Blood.

Location : [Comedy Input] Andy Sneap's Beer. [Real Location] Perth, Western Australia.

Own Band : Ex-Zero Thought.

Musical Tastes : Metal.

Favorite Band(s) : Megadeth [Pre 'Risk' Era], Testament [James Murphy Era], In Flames [Pre 'RTR' Era], Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Children Of Bodom, KSE [Pre 'EOH' Era], Carcass [Post Extreme Grindcore Era], Kohle's 'Kopeth' project.

Favorite Album(s) : All the albums in set era of above mentioned bands.

Favorite Producer(s) : Fredrik Nordström, Andy Sneap, Max Norman, Kohle, Glenn Fricker.

Production Experience : Home-recorded demo, Soundtrack for two student films.

Goal : To one day be happy [So emo, yes I know].

Production Gear : PodXT> Epiphone LP Classic w EMG 85 in the bridge> USB. Marshall Valvestate VS 265 combo for live use. AKAI ACM 80 Condenser for vocals.

Software : Adobe Audition 2.0

so
i'm a complete n00b around here :D
Gavin used to send me a lot of links, so i decided to visit more often, seems like there's a LOT of helpful stuff. Therefore, allow me to introduce meself

Name: Yanko Gitahy Oliveira

Own Band: Project Entropy

Occupation: College student, desperately trying to find another course to do :p

Musical Tastes: anything that sounds good.

Favorite Band: Meshuggah, Devin Townsend stuff, Gentle Giant, all kinds of old progressive rock bands, Pain Of Salvation, a whole lot of junk to list here.

Favorite Album: No way in hell i can pick just one.

Favorite Producer: Devin Townsend

Production Experience: Close to none :erk: Just started out.

Production Gear: A computer with lots of software i want to buy ASAP :p

Name: Gavin Harper

Own Band: Battleheart and some other stuff

Musical Tastes: anything that sounds good.

Favorite Band: Pantera, Gamma Ray, Keep of Kalessin, Old In Flames, Twilightning

Favorite Album: At the moment? Twilightning - Plaguehouse Puppet show

Favorite Producer: Yanko (above)

Production Experience: About to start recording the Catharist album, Two Battleheart Cds and countless longdistance MSN cover songs.

Production Gear:
AMD 4200+
2gb ram
Several harddrives
Pod XT
M-Audio Black Box
Korg n364
M-Audio Keystation 49
M-Audio Trigger Finger
Edirol UA-25 Interdace
Few mics, favourites and go-to mics being the SM57 and a Røde NT1-a
Electric Violin
Acoustic Violin
Marshall AVT 275
JAckson RR
Jackson KV2
Sonar 5
Kjaerhus Plugs
Voxengo Plugs
Audio Damage plugs
Apptrigga
Syphonic Orchestra Gold
Gigastudio
Voices of the Apocalypse
EW hardcore Bass
Wavepad Audioeditor

Name: Stuart
Own Band: No band name yet......
Musical Tastes: Prog metal, death metal, power metal, black metal, tech metal, mucho forms of metal, classic rock, disco, well crafted pop, funk, jazz, classical, the lot really
Favorite Band: Evergrey without so much as a question
Favorite Album: Evergrey - In Search Of Truth
Favorite Producer: Hmm, Sneap, Bergstrand, Arnold Lindberg (him and Englund did Evergrey's The Inner Circle), bout covers it
Production Experience: Not a great deal at the moment, did a degree in Music Technology so experience off of that (various bands, classical stuff, pop, opera, jazz, solo stuff, the lot), plus recorded a friend a few times who is now available on iTunes, HMVDigital, etc, and also one of the songs appeared on Radio 1 too. I'm delving into my own stuff and others when I get my setup delivered to me though :)
Goal: I would like to get a career in something audio related, whether its my own studio, in someone elses, audio editing, mastering, or even web design of audio sites, anything like that. Other than that, just to be happy really
Production Gear :
Currently not a lot, a little Behringer mixer, a Samson C01 condenser, and some dodgy DAW software, however I have ordered today
M Audio Project Mix I/O
ProTools M Powered 7
Am also getting two TFT's for christmas, DFH2, a set of Beyer DT100's, and also when my next wage comes in, I am purchasing some Genelec 8030A's. Will also be purchasing an Audix i5 and an Oktava MK012, although this is by no means a final setup, it will continue to grow, and I can't wait :)

The workstation for now is an AMD Turion based laptop, 1.8 ghz, 80 gig drive, Radeon express, 1 GB of RAM, 15.4" LCD, and is rather nice and should hold well for this task. In about 3 months time though I will be ordering a Mac Pro.....WOOOOOO

Also have an Engl Thunder 50 amp head, Mesa 4x12" cab with V30's, an out of action Ashdown Fallen Angel combo with 2 V30's (the V30's in this are to die for, sound HUGE) which will be fixed hopefully soon, a TC G Major, as well as an ESP M207 7 string, a Shine tele (arched top rather than flat boring tele style, sort of Schecter-esque), BC Rich Warlock, and a Tanglewood acoustic.

All this will help me complete my album......just as soon as I finish enough songs to go on it................

Name: Dimitar
Own Band: The Official Site - Dimitar Nalbantov (Guitar, Bass, Programming, Producer)
Musical Tastes: Progressive Rock, Metal, Classic Rock, sometimes Pop Rock , Jazz...

Favorite Band: Rush ,Kings X

Favorite Album: hundreds...

Production Gear :
- Microphones: AKG D1000E , Shure SM57
- Audio Interface and Pres: EMU 1212M, Studio Projects VTB1 V
- Monitors: AKG headphones
- Guitars: Ibanez RG450 1992' Evo pickups, IbanezRG2550 2005' Paf Pro pickups
- Backline: Carvin Legacy 2x12 Amp, AMT Electronics "California Sound" , Tech 21 SansAmp TRI-AC, Boss DS-1 Keeley and Boss Metal Zone Keeley. Various Boss and AMT pedals.
- Computer: AMD643200 .WIN XP Home , Cubase SX3, Voxengo Plugins and Revalver MkII

Dimi :loco:

Name: Kyle
Own Band: Bloodjinn
Musical Tastes: Metal, Prog, Pop, Hip-Hop, Jazz fusion
Favorite Band: Dream Theater
Favorite Album: Awake
Favorite Producer: Andy Sneap
Production Experience:Just getting started so none thus far.
Goal: To enjoy life one day at a time.

Name : Tomi
Own Band : Coma of Loss
Musical Tastes : Metal, rock, jazz, punk, blues, classical
Favorite Band : Hypocrisy, Meshuggah, Duke Ellington, Johnny Cash
Favorite Album : Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Favorite Producer : Andy Sneap, Colin Richardson
Production Experience : Still learning, mixing and mastering my band's 2nd demo
Goal: Get our band out of the basement
Production Gear : HP Pavilion dv9014ea, Presonus Firepod, bunch of mics, Framus Cobra, Engl Powerball, Sansamp Psa-1.

Been away for alooonnng time, not been anything worth replying to hahahaha

erm anyway...

Name: Amos Williams
Town: London

Gear:

Live rig: Mesa Boogie big block 750, powerhouse 1000 roadready 4x10 and 1x15 cab, line 6 bass pod pro, samson power distributer/conditioner, maxon od820, bbe sonic stomp.

Basses: Warwick fna jazzman 5 (the most stunning sounding bass ever!), warwick b/n b/o thumb 5

recording rig

002rack, dual xeon dell (three years old - them xeon are powerful bitches!) various bits and bobs plug in wise - they all sound like crap to me anyway, but then again what do I know. Event TR8's, and a knackered pair of ears that have about 7 1/2 dB of +5k deficiency on the right side ear drum - fuck it you dont need any of that fizz anyway.

recorded in the following - milloco, marc angelo, bbc maida vale, sphere, westside, and various project studios throughout the uk.

Performed in the following: nottingham rock city, mean fiddler, birmingham, manchester, liverpool, london islington academy and every concievable toliet tour in the UK - have also played the uk's furthest north venue - on shetland - geez do they need anymore fucking wind up there. Royal festival hall, queen elizabeth hall on the south bank london - man thems big!

Previous bands: 209, chump state, aversus.

Current band: TESSERACT, me and the me me's.

The future: producing and mixing commercial releases, performing on stage with TesseracT and a few others, driving up and down the m1 again and again and again, and eating far too many ginsters.

I don't post much, but I like lurking on the forum for insight.

Name: JB Allen
Own Band: Free Bar Tab (cover band)
Previous band: Datura, Cockstorm
Musical Tastes: Lots of Metal; Power, Thrash, Death, Extreme, Melodic Death, Black... plus Prog, Jazz, also some Butt Rock and ambient shit.
Favorite Album: Too many...
Favorite Band: Nevermore!
Favorite Producer: Andy Sneap of course, and maybe Peter Tagtgren
Production Experience: 2 demos and 3 independent full length
Goal: not a pro... more of a hobbyist
Gear : Dual Recto w/standard Mesa cab. Tubescreamer, Jackson soloist, B.C. Rich Ignitor, Ovation, a few Ibanez and a bunch of Fenders. Presonus Firepod, Cubase, Wavelab, Alesis comp/gate, PODxt, KRK monitors, SM57s and various AKGs.

Errr...I am here way to much.

Name: Chad Ramos
Own Band: Cripple Ewe Check us out if you get a chance
Musical Tastes: Grew up on the blues and funk (SRV, P-FUNK, RHCP, John Lee Hooker), and now love all types of metal.
Favorite Album: Depends on genre
Favorite Band: Depends on genre
Favorite Producer: Andy Sneap, Rick Rubin, Machine

I'm a silent reader in the forum for quite a long time..
so It's time to step in and introduce myself! :)

Name: Daniel Varfolomeyev
Own Band: ACROPOLIS.
Musical Tastes: Metal, Classical, Film soundtracks, some Electronics, Instrumental music of most kinds.
Favorite Band: too difficult to choose.. :)
Favorite Album: too many!
Favorite Producer: Andy Sneap, Rhys Fluber, Rick Rubin, Collin Richardson, Bob Rock, Fredrik Nordstorm, Sasha Paeth, Steven Willson.
Production Experience: Thausands of Dubbing productions for Local television channels (daily job in commercial studios), foreign version mix for Warner Bros (UK) of "Harry potter and the prisoner of Azkaban" (tracked in Moscow, Russia).
Music productions:
Acropolis (Tracking, pre-producion, Production, Mix), Arafel (Co-production w/ Szymon Czech), Archery (t,p), Excessum (p,m), Moth Eaten Dream (m), Dreamelectric (tracking, mix, mastering), Forsaken Saint (mix, mastering, guest appearance), Velocity (pre-p), Dazed (p,m), Radius (pre,co-production).

Goal: Be the best i can possibly get in things I'm passionate about.
Making a successful career as a musician and guitar player.
Gaining as much expirience as I can producing records, and get polished enough to become a world-class record producer (great dreams eh?)
Production Gear :
- Microphones: AKG, Shure...
- Audio Interface and Pres: Drawmer and TLAudio tube pres/comps,
Pro Tools HD3 Accel x2, Digi 882, 888, 96 and 192 I/Os.
M-audio Delta 66 (at home mixing workstation).
- Monitors: Roland DS-7, Yamaha NS10M, Tannoy Reveal Passive, Sennheiser headphones.
- Backline: Mesa/Boogie Triaxis preamp, BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer, Digitech 2120vgs, Samson PB11 power conditioner, Peavey EQ31, Boss GE7.
Just sold a Marshall JCM800 2203 last month + Marshall 1960A cab - Will be replaced by a Mk1 5150 + Marshall V30 cab.

- Computer: Apple G5 (x2), Apple G4, AMD3000+ PC, AMD 1700+ PC.

Using Pro Tools 5.1 and 7.x at Elrom on Macs, and prefer Cubase SX for home use on a PC.

www.myspace.com/varfolomeyev
www.myspace.com/

I too have been a very silent lurker here.

I sort of fell off the face of the earth for a few months - I spent a lot of time trying to up my game, get experience, try new techniques, etc.

Name: Trevor
Own Band: SteelBath (myspace.com/steelbathmetal)
Musical Tastes: Angry Dinosaur roars. Actually most anything.
Favorite Band: Mushroomhead
Favorite Album: XIII by mushroomhead
Favorite Producer: Madsen, Sneap, Wallace. Mark Bunce is the engineer I most look up to.
Production Experience: Mostly local demos. Assorted production at the radio stations I work at.
Goal: Help people bring music into the world that is inspiring.
Production Gear :
Junk that I pick up along the way. Roland VS-880EX, assorted microphones under $150, Crusty old yamaha mixer, Dell computer with Sonar.

Name: Filippo (IronApe)
Own Band: Apeiron
Musical Tastes: absolutely ANYTHING, from metal to hip hop to classical
Favorite Band: too many
Favorite Album: The Gallery, Dark Tranquillity
Favorite Producer: Andy, Richardson, Nordstrom, Rubin.
Production Experience: very little, my bands crappy demo and our upcoming album.
Goal: learn, get better, learn, improve, learn and then put all of that into my music and production
Production Gear :
- Microphones: AKG C414, SM57
- Audio Interface: DBX 376 channel strip, Hercules 16/12 soundcard
- Monitors: KRK Rockit RP6
- Guitar gear: Engl Savage SE, Engl 412 with Vintage 30's, Pod XT, Ibanez TS-9, Dunlop 95Q.
- Guitars: Ibanez S540LTD with EMG pu's, BC Rich Beast, Fender Strat 50's mex, crappy Ibanez APX 4 acoustic, even crappier Raimundo classical.

Name: Mattias
Own Band: Three Days In Darkness
Occupation: I put merchandise on the store's shelfs, occasionally unload arriving trucks.
Musical Tastes: Mostly metal, but I listen to all kind of music. Meat Loaf is spinning alot here of late ;)
Favorite Band: Meshuggah, Nevermore, Pain of Salvation, Textures, Devin Townsend/Strapping Young Lad always work
Favorite Album: Testament - The Gathering, for the sound.
Favorite Producer: Andy of course.
Production Experience: Just my own music and my band. The sound suffers from it ;)
Production Gear : RG7620 with EMG 707 & 81/7, Triple XXX, G-major, ADA STD-1, Intellifex. PowerMac Dual 2,0GHz with 3GB ram and 2x250GB storage. Some cheap ADK condenser.

This is my first visit to this forum. I've been with UM for several years though. So I will tell a little about myself.

Name : Robert (Rob)
Own Band : Timeless Thoughts (I am the only member)
Occupation : Petroleum Exprolation and Development, Sound Design, Guitar Instructor
Education: MBA - WVU, Masters in Planetary Science/Applied Physics Currently persuing a Masters in Music
Musical Tastes : Metal, Progressive, Classical, Bossa, Samba
Favorite Band : It's so hard to pick - currently, probably - Opeth
Favorite Album : Deliverence or Still Life
Favorite Producer : Dan Swano, Steve Willson
Production Experience : I've done the production work on my 4 releases. I've also produced many local bands. But nothing of noteriety.
Goal : Currently persuing a Masters degree at Berklee School of Music in Guitar and Production. I put in daily practice sessions of atleast 5 hours, I just want to be the best I can, no more no less.

Production Gear : Protools HD, Control 24, 196 I/O, Sweetwater Creation Station, TC Electronic Effects, Boss Effects, Mackie 824's. Engl, Mesa, Marshall guitar amps. Mesa, Ampeg bass amps. Primarily PRS guitars, and Fender basses. Roland keys.
Software : Protools HD 7, Reason, Soundforge
General: I'm currently overseeing a local theatrical production and managing their live sound.

Name: Andre'
Musical Tastes: Mainly the extreme forms of metal or jazz/jazz fusion and movie scores
Own Band: a few small projects yet to meld together because of massive procrastination
Occupation: Guitar, Bass, and the programming of drums and keyboards
Favorite Band: Faith No More , The Police, Frank Gambale or whatever Devin Townsend touches
Favorite Album: Giant Steps, and Devin Townsend's "Infinity"
Favorite Producer: Devin Townsend, Pierre Remillard, Colin Richardson, and Neil Kernon
Production Experience: My own stuff and occasionly helping a local band
Goal: To be able to record my own projects and not make them sound too harsh
Production Gear :
-My own personally built PC with Cubase SX3 and various plugs
-M Audio soundcard
-DFHS
-Pod XT
-Mesa Boogie Oversized cab
-Ibanez RG7420
-A "frankenstein" four string bass
-one dynamic mic

very ghetto I know

Name: Brandon
Favorite band: Hypocrisy
Favorite album: The final chapter
Gear: Gibson mahogany v.,yamaha acoustic,line six pod live,emachines pentium 4

Hi everybody,

I'm from south africa, been doing live sound for a number of years and studio work for a number of years

Name: Brett
Own Band: Failing Forward, I am the Warmachine!
Occupation:Studio Retail Salesman, PA Retail Salesman, Live Sound engineer, Studio Engineer, Metal Producer.
Musical Tastes: Mostly melodic death metal, grindcore, some metalcore, progressive metal, mathrock and the odd alternative number
Favorite Band: Hard to say, at the moment, Underoath, Scar Symmetry, He Is Legend, Dave Matthews Band.
Favorite Album: Whoracle
Favorite Producer: Colin Richardson / Matt Hyde
Production Experience: a few albums, many demos, recording live and mixing FOH.

Production Gear :
- Various Microphones: AKG, Audio-Technica, Rode, Sennheiser, Shure, Violet design, neumann, geffel, blue.

- Audio Interface and Pres: Creamware Sound Card, 2 x Alesis HD24's, Various custom built pre's, JLM Baby Animal, Amek Rembrandt Pre's, DBX 386's, Art Tube Pre's, Neve 1272, Millennia STTS, Avalon 747... and anything else i can hire in... Sometimes i hire Lavry Engineering Blue A/D's.

- Monitors: NS10's, MSP5A's, Focal Solo6's(when I can hire them)

- Backline: DDrum Triggers + DDrum4SE module. Peavey 5150 mark I head. Orange V30's 4x12, Marshall 1960A Lead Cab, Marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks, Buddah 4x12 with buddah and v30s. Premier XPK All Maple kit with 10,12,14 sized toms, Sabian Cymbals. A few bass guitars (fender, warwick, cort, ibanez).

- Computer: AMD quadcore thing with 4 gb or ram and 1 terabyte of hdd space. and 2 250gb hard drives in my HD24's each. 2 lcd 19' monitors, ASUS.

thats me...