Who's your favorite drummer?

Luz

Cowgirl From Hell
Oct 18, 2004
Alcoholocaust Land.
www.opeth.com
First of all, yes, I've stolen this out of the General Music Discussion, because I want to know who's your favorite drummer, doesn't matter if it's non-metal.
Here's what I've posted;
Danny Carey, Pete Sandoval, Mike Portnoy, Christian Jankowski, Asgeir Mickelson, Thomas Hakke, Mike Bordin, Neil Peart, Sean Reinert, Flo Mounier, Nick Barker, Virgil Donati, Bobby Jarzombek
Cozy Powell, Gene Hoglan,Vinnie Paul, Ed Warby, Steve Vai's sessionist drummer and Martín López.

usually, whoever wins the reader polls. especially the "pop" category. My current fave though is Tre Cool from Green Day. He's just an amazingly good drummer. His work with Green Day is, to say the least, legendary.

Gildenlow plays drums? since when.....?

uhm.... since his teens?... seriously ...study his life more

I like metal drummers who don't suck ass.

Kataklysm drums are sweet, the snare sounds like a sampled Basketball bounce.

guys I'm into now are:

Henry Ranta - ex-soilwork
Dick Ver-something-belgium - current soilwork
Danny Carrey - Tool
Martin Lopez - i forget which band he plays with
Vinny Paul - Pantera
Stewart Copeland - the police
Akira Jimbo - some jap
Carter Beauford - Dave matthews
Dennis Chambers - funky as shit
Virgil Donati - motherfucker does rudiments WITH HIS FEET.
Tim Alexander - Primus
Chad Sexton - 311 (no, really)
George Kolias - Nile
Chris Adler - Lamb of Gord
Gene Hoglan - death, Testament, SYL
Tomas Haake - meshuggah
Neil Peart - Rush

And the ppl whose names I don't know - the guys in Anata, dredg, CoB, Borknagar, Candiria, Cynic, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, DEP, Nevermore, Evergrey, Mastodon, and probably some more I forgot

NeverIsForever said:
Again? (I'm assuming that was intentional)

LOL

I'm going to have to be more careful where I read these threads...randomly laughing aloud in the 'quiet' section of my school's library is usually frowned on

of course. from now on I will always refer to them as lamb of gord. until something funnier happens.