Why are my soundfonts high pitched when I try to edit them?

Mr. Hyde

Guitar, Bass
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
I was wondering if any of you are familiar with editing soundfonts and could give me some suggestions on how to export them for editing so that they are at the same pitch that they play at when triggered.

Not an answer to your question Hyde, but as we're on the topic of soundfonts I thought I'd ask a (stupid) question...

What soundcards use soundfonts?

I'm pretty much out of the scene with all these new fancy bells and whistles but am thinking of getting a new soundcard to replace the old 'n trustworthy SB16...

Any recommendations?

I have the Soundblaster Live with the Live Drive it's pretty good. The new Soundblaster Audigy cards have 24/96 recording capability. I think that would be a good choice.

Well, I don't know much about Soundfonts myself. They are samples that the sound card triggers when a midi song or game etc...asks for it. You can edit the sounds that your card came with to make your own drum sounds etc... and you can record samples yourself or buy samples to make banks that you can load in and make instruments with. You can use Vienna Soundfont studio to access the Soundfont banks in your card and you can export the sounds as wav's and open them in a wav editor. I thought I could create some better sounding drums if I did, but my snare sound ends up being about an octave too high when I export it. Maybe I'll be able to figure out what's going on.