why do anthrax always say "NOT"?

kuro

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
as the abovementioned... yeah so why do they always say it and put it on thier album covers? ive always wanted to know what the fk it means...

someone please enlighten me...

kuro

kuro said:
as the abovementioned... yeah so why do they always say it and put it on thier album covers? ive always wanted to know what the fk it means...

someone please enlighten me...

kuro

NOT = Number One Thrasher

MOSH = March Of Skinheads

awwww damn. i should have guessed the barrage of crap replies...
you're better off doing 'knock knock' jokes instead of that not shit.

the saying was popularized by waynes world back in the late 80's/early 90's, nobody uses it anymore, it was kinda lame anyways, i dont know what anthrax's deal is with it

I remember reading something that Scott said in an artical.

He more or less alluded to the fact that 'not' was just a popular word he used to say all the time and then it spread to the other members, kinda like an in-house joke within the band.

ThraxSA said:
I remember reading something that Scott said in an artical.

He more or less alluded to the fact that 'not' was just a popular word he used to say all the time and then it spread to the other members, kinda like an in-house joke within the band.

Get back to work ya lazy sod! HAHAHA! Sorry man couldn't resist. Less than 1 month to go man and we can bang our heads on home turf in Adelaide to the Mighty THRAX.

aliasp said:
Get back to work ya lazy sod! HAHAHA! Sorry man couldn't resist. Less than 1 month to go man and we can bang our heads on home turf in Adelaide to the Mighty THRAX.

Cheers mate :)

Less than one month. Hey, it's like counting down days till Christmas.......

Yes ...well it is Xmas for me. Megadeth last Saturday (you know you should've come!!!), Anthrax next month and rumours of some of other big Metal band late in the year!!!!!!!

OK, I'm a dork, I'll admit it..
I read in an interview that NOT was taken from a guy in his high school (the name escapes me right now, but I will hunt it down!) who used to say it all the time (and yes, it was in the Wayne's World kinda way). Scott thought it was funny and it just stuck.....

thanx for the decent replies this time fellas.
in reference to waynes world, i seem to remember when i was in high school that NOT was on their albums before waynes world came out... i dunno we are talking 15 years ago here...

Crabmeat said:
OK, I'm a dork, I'll admit it..
I read in an interview that NOT was taken from a guy in his high school (the name escapes me right now, but I will hunt it down!) who used to say it all the time (and yes, it was in the Wayne's World kinda way). Scott thought it was funny and it just stuck.....
Let us all pray that it does not come back into play... Otherwise....

kuro said:
thanx for the decent replies this time fellas.
in reference to waynes world, i seem to remember when i was in high school that NOT was on their albums before waynes world came out... i dunno we are talking 15 years ago here...

Oh Yeah, The Anthrax NOT predates the popularized Wayne's World version.

And we though "Bring The Noise" was groundbreaking!!!! :dopey:

Crabmeat said:
Yes'm, That's be what I meanted.

Ok, I'm a southerner. A "redneck" if you will.I know the southern lingo backwards and forwards and you just called me a woman.

Yes'm= Yes to a female
Yessir= Yes to a male

*Pulls out slapping glove*

I demand satisfaction.

*slaps*

Gentlemans duel at dawn!

:Spin: