Why does Anthrax seem to HATE the POT album?

I guess I'm not a true Anthrax fan because I don't like I'm Alive too much. Maybe it'll grow on me over time. I doubt it though. I'd much rather hear crawl, constant or revolution screams. Hell, I'd rather even hear the cover song at the end. I'm really glad they play earth on hell (another one of my favorite tracks).

I guess I'm not a true Anthrax fan because I don't like I'm Alive too much. Maybe it'll grow on me over time. I doubt it though. I'd much rather hear crawl, constant or revolution screams. Hell, I'd rather even hear the cover song at the end. I'm really glad they play earth on hell (another one of my favorite tracks).

constant and crawl are outstanding songs,be great to hear them live.

Not for me.. I don't like "I'm Alive" at all but it has nothing to do with it being new.. I think "Fight Em" and "Devil You Know" stand up with any Anthrax classics.. Love em..

I agree. "I'm Alive" sounds like some kind of off-Broadway sea shanty type of song.

I love I'm Alive.

I actually cannot put my finger on a poor song on Worship Music. IMO it's that consistently good.

This doesn't automatically make an album good. Some bands are best when they just stick to what they're good at. For example, a Motorhead album with 'variety' on it would likely suck ass.

SM never said variety automatically makes an album good.

He was saying WM is a great record that brings plenty of variety to the table.

2 very different things.

SM never said variety automatically makes an album good.

He was saying WM is a great record that brings plenty of variety to the table.

2 very different things.

I never said he said that, just making a statement. If someone were to say to me "hey listen to WM, it rules and has variety", the variety part isn't necessarily something that would make me want to check it out. Anthrax is at their best when they play thrash... I like most of WM, but certain songs/choruses just don't do it for me. The song Crawl straight up sucks and gets extremely repetitive towards the end. If the song was written by Soundgarden, then maybe I'd like it.

I never said he said that, just making a statement. If someone were to say to me "hey listen to WM, it rules and has variety", the variety part isn't necessarily something that would make me want to check it out. Anthrax is at their best when they play thrash... I like most of WM, but certain songs/choruses just don't do it for me. The song Crawl straight up sucks and gets extremely repetitive towards the end. If the song was written by Soundgarden, then maybe I'd like it.

I have already gotten bored with WM. It was cool for a few weeks with all of the build up. But I don't think its going to have the lasting power of any of the classic era material. I just listened to The Devil That you Know in a pub the other night and the Chorus is just lame. I don't find many songs on WM as being true Anthrax Classics.

Even Fight Em has a pretty lame Chorus. The Choruses on WM seem to be fairly 'poppy' and they try to make them 'catchy' or 'modern' and those throw me off on most songs

It's kinda wierd to say that a song sucks but if someone else writes it then you could like it. If it's a good song, then it's a good song regardless, same if it's bad. Saying thrash is what Anthrax do best is debatable too. Madhouse is not Thrash, Belly of the Beast is not Thrash, Blood isn't, Now it's Dark isn't, Medusa isn't, Lone Justice, and more. Anthrax is good at being heavy with a few Thrash songs. ATL is the only Anthrax album that is full on Thrash. You and a few others like the Thrashier stuff more and that's cool by me.

I have already gotten bored with WM. It was cool for a few weeks with all of the build up. But I don't think its going to have the lasting power of any of the classic era material. I just listened to The Devil That you Know in a pub the other night and the Chorus is just lame. I don't find many songs on WM as being true Anthrax Classics.

Even Fight Em has a pretty lame Chorus. The Choruses on WM seem to be fairly 'poppy' and they try to make them 'catchy' or 'modern' and those throw me off on most songs

thats a confusing statement,since when have anthrax not had great catchy choruses be it thrash rock or whatever the hell u wanna call it,its anthrax.

thats a confusing statement,since when have anthrax not had great catchy choruses be it thrash rock or whatever the hell u wanna call it,its anthrax.

I guess to me most of the choruses on this album are more 'pop' sounding to me than the classic material. Just not my personal taste.

It's kinda wierd to say that a song sucks but if someone else writes it then you could like it. If it's a good song, then it's a good song regardless, same if it's bad. Saying thrash is what Anthrax do best is debatable too. Madhouse is not Thrash, Belly of the Beast is not Thrash, Blood isn't, Now it's Dark isn't, Medusa isn't, Lone Justice, and more. Anthrax is good at being heavy with a few Thrash songs. ATL is the only Anthrax album that is full on Thrash. You and a few others like the Thrashier stuff more and that's cool by me.

You're right, those songs may not necessarily be thrash. But either way they just so happen to be a hell of a lot better than songs like Crawl/Bush-era stuff.

Anthrax is good.
Soundgarden is good.
Anthrax trying to sound like Soundgarden is NOT good.

If you're taking my statement completely literal (since it was made more out of sarcasm), I'd say that even if Soundgarden had written the song it'd be mediocre at best. And conversely, if they were to have a random thrash song on one of their albums, it would probably sound pretty wack.

ATL is the only Anthrax album that is full on Thrash. You and a few others like the Thrashier stuff more and that's cool by me.

But isn't ATL the most critically (and perhaps commercially) successful Anthrax album, plus the one that tends to come top in fan polls? I'd say many people feel they were at their best when they were out and out thrash.