why do I (you) like forums

Deviant Mind

One Manic Mind
Mar 30, 2002
Russia
u know, when dating a girl the things can go too fast... sometimes it is ok, but as the time passes you begin to long for long relationships - to avoid boredom perhaps.... same with friends - we often get bored and don't want to talk to our friends because all the topics are discussed and "talks about nothing" are no more exciting...

well, I think forums are good for ppl who don't like to learn everything about their friends too fast... it is better than talking constantly for example in ICQ or AIM, because firstly it envolves more ppl in discussion and besides the talks are going much slower, ensuring constant excitement... its like... relishing...

by the way, concerning the very word "to relish"... i have a very interesting song, i think many of you may know it, i would like to discuss what it is about... not by Dark Tranquillity, but still I think you'll engage in conversation... i'll start another thread about it... this thread is about forums and their advantages :)

I mainly go to forums (such as this one in particular) to exchange ideas and talk to people. It is good as I have time to think before I reply to anything (not as compared to life where I don't have time to think and may say something silly). It's also easier to get into conversations here, as I can just comment on anything Iwish, unlike in non-forum life where I would be considered rude if I intruded on strangers' conversations and just went up to them and started talking.

It is also a good way to find people with like-minded interests, especially if there are few people with such in nearby areas.

In my experience, this is a way for me to learn about people in other countries and situations other than my own. It is a mind-expanding experience since it is very difficult to dislike people in other countries, religions, etc. after knowing them as individuals. People on forums may not judge as much as who are just on the street or in school. Since they do not know what a user looks like, acts, or other aspects more necessary to judge someone harshly. Such as for me, a lot of people think I am really weird, creepy, and scary, but here they know a bit more about me through my posts and see I am not that bad. :)

A major benefit to being on this forum, the people here are also very compassionate and will try to help with advice, listen to ideas and do other wonderful things... which is rare in real life or in most other forums.

Not sure if the above makes sense. What I wanted to say was:
I feel very fortunate to be in this forum and glad I found it and its users. Saying you people are great is an understatement. :)

edited: for spelling. ;)

Originally posted by mousewings
A major benefit to being on this forum, the people here are also very compassionate and will try to help with advice, listen to ideas and do other wonderful things... which is rare in real life or in most other forums.

wrong..............everyone still hates me mate..................:D :D

mousewings pretty much summed it up for me. forums online (and mailing lists) are about my only chance to meet ppl belonging to very different environments/cultures and know how they feel about stuff. besides, i like expressing myself through writing.
and i don't hate misanthrope or borknagar121, who were obviously just looking for some explicit manifestations of affection on our part. so let's join our hands and show all our love for the guys. :D

rahvin.

i'll repeat it:

misanthrope, fuck you. :) "twat" - you think it's funny. bubu.

hyena

there is someone called "wardwarf" on um. i was wondering whether you have this secret identity that i didn't know about :)

deviant, excuse me for making your interesting thread this pointless: i promise that i will post a decent reply.

hyena

Originally posted by rahvin
mousewings pretty much summed it up for me. forums online (and mailing lists) are about my only chance to meet ppl belonging to very different environments/cultures and know how they feel about stuff. besides, i like expressing myself through writing.
and i don't hate misanthrope or borknagar121, who were obviously just looking for some explicit manifestations of affection on our part. so let's join our hands and show all our love for the guys. :D

rahvin.

Hehehe, i was kidding =)

Im actually loved in here considering my IRC history, that history involves at least 4 big channels ( at least 50 people at any given time ) who were completly destroyed and no longer exist ( if they run at all is with like 4 people ) because of me. People sometimes over react to my stuff is really light weight here

@misanthrope: now i would really like to see the logs. :D
as i've stated previously, i don't understand ppl making a big deal of the occasional flame or foul language. they seem to act like they're living in a world of fluffy bunnies and political correctness, where telling someone to fuck off is the most hideous crime. it would be different with someone who's just there to repeat stale lines of insults, but in all other cases the problem is theirs.

rahvin.

Hehehe the longs are not flaming, the approach is what is more evil. I usually got to talk to more and more people until i ended up talking and being pals with a channel owner. From there is just carefully pushing my agenda tru him onto the channel, and the fact that his agenda gave me importance i usually got recognition and status way before a lot of the regulars. So it ended up with a lot of people feeling betrayed by the owner and upset about the changes forced in the channel and then i took a dramatic approach with the influence i had and walked away to the back while the irc war took place ( having a nice firewall up of course ) . By the end there was so much bad blood everyone found their way to other channels.

This is about the basics of my modus operandi:D

as for "overreacting", i can imagine that if all your provocations are of the high intellectual caliber of your signature attachment (not to mention the fact that you're not even a um donor and you're wasting bandwidth) there's only two possible reactions, either walking away from wherever you are or telling you to fuck yourself: i don't see discussion with someone who would not hesitate to mock the efforts of individuals who actually might be *dying* in some rock desert in order to cover your own sorry ass. of course thanks to the almighty heavens and to the system you so brilliantly deride there is freedom of speech and i would not even want to block you from stating your point; i would, though, encourage a wider, stronger argument on your part as to why you think it's appropriate to mock the so-called war on terror - that's what freedom of speech is for: exchange of opinions, not kindergarten parade of slogans. or at least that's my hope.

i will not even comment on this IRC-sabotage thing: if it suits you, go ahead, have fun.

hyena (everything is perfect, everything is sick)

I visit this forum because I'm pretty new to DT and I learn alot of stuff about them here. I also read much more than I post.

Misanthrope lol at your signature

i don't see any good reason why it is so important to be dead serious on everything, regardless of how much we approve of it. and irc channels are mostly populated by so many lamers that any act of war against them is quite refreshing in itself. but i gladly withdraw from discussions based on ppl's sense of humour since i already know i have too much of it. :)

rahvin. (a-way)

it's important to be dead serious about stuff that has people, well - seriously _dead_. or at least this is my opinion. i wouldn't like the idea of people laughing at me if i was in afghanistan fighting.

hyena

I visit DT forum well b/c I love Dark Tranquillity , and i love to be in a enviroment where alot of culters adn country's get along..and most of the time i learn something new about music and DT/swedish metal everyday :) Thank You DT forum members! :headbang:

Originally posted by Misanthrope

Hehehe, i was kidding =)

Im actually loved in here considering my IRC history, that history involves at least 4 big channels ( at least 50 people at any given time ) who were completly destroyed and no longer exist ( if they run at all is with like 4 people ) because of me. People sometimes over react to my stuff is really light weight here

Well, I love you. :D

I have a friend who does that stuff too. At least count he has been permenantly banned from 5 message boards, perhaps more...

I am loved here considering some of my history on other message boards/newsgroups. People singled me out to dislike, or to punish. Possibly as on a few of them lots of people posted stupidly and I replied with more stupid and sarcastic posts than them. They got upset about it and flamed me which lead to even more sarcastic and angry posts on my part... and so continued the cycle. Later I stopped going to them, since it was a waste of time. My friend would call me a failure in terms of internet flaming. :( :p

I took a break from boards for almost a year. Now I only go to places where people are more tolerant of me. :) You people have been more than tolerant though. :D

@Borknager121: I love you too. :)

Well, i hate you all and i hate you :mad: :mad: :mad:

Siren (dunno exactly why i just posted this, too much frustration it seems, forgive me :D )