Why do YOU like metal music ?

Many have already touched on it, but for me it's all about DIVERSITY. Where else but metal can you mix thundering drums, crushing riffs, acoustical interludes, choirs, opera-style singing, growls and building orchestral crescendos ALL IN ONE SONG! You'd scare away the majority of your fan base if you tried that in any other form of music.

LONG LIVE METAL! The true meaning of "Diversity"

I can not even say one sentence in another language. I know how to say "hello" and other things in many languages, but I could never make a post on a forum written in any language other than English.
Bryant

I'm not buying Harumi hasn't taught some Japanese :Smug:

thats a good question man. i just love metal because it makes me think how the fuck did these guys make this music. like im listening to death right now and im wondering how chuck and the rest of the band put this magical piece of music together. i love metal because when im listening to a good song i just stop and embrace the fucking moment. i love metal because of the lyrics used in the songs, it is unlike any genre of music and the music itself is one of a kind. seriously if you hear a song on the radio these days its either using a computer or the guitatr just plays chords and whatever bullshit they do. metal is technical and hard and fast no one genre plays solo's like these old school death metal bands and i can just appreciate all types of metal like black metal is so good it makes me shiver.. burzum, mayhem and darkthrone and bands like that just are amazing at what they do. and thats what pisses me off with this teeny boppin shit, metal takes talent and years and years of practise and determination to become the best of the best. and also places like this to talk about metal and share our thoughts on different bands and different styles of metal is just fucking good.