Album Appreciation Thread - Death Angel Act III

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Keeping it strictly oldschool metal on this one!!! What do you all think of this MASTERPIECE of an album??? I gotta say that even the songs like ROOM WITH A VIEW and VEIL OF DECEPTION are totally contageous!!! I used to play the shit outta this album and I have been playing it a bit the last couple days. Timeless. Classic! What are your thoughts????

"Sitting at the window staring do-o-o-wnn
listen to the people shuffling round annd ro-o-ound...."

DA is just damn wicked! :headbang: :headbang:

From start to finish a brilliant release! I fell in love with "A room with a view" and damn near played that track out. Disturbing the Peace....great f*kin' moshin! One cd I never, never skip tracks on!

I have an old The O cassette tape I picked up at one of their shows up north. Sure wish I could get that onto CD! :headbang:

Pics from the last show I saw Key Club 5-2004
dalive.jpg

darob.jpg

darob2.jpg
dalive5.jpg

Yeah this is an ass-kicker! Seeing them at BW&BK this year just solidified the fact that these guys are a serious force in metal and haven't lost a step at all! They owned the night/weekend FAR beyond every other act that was there!

You guys ever hear The Organization disc? To me that was sorta the next step after Act III. Maybe not quite as "thrashy" as the Death Angel stuff but still powerful as fuck!

Narcosynthesys68 said:
Yeah this is an ass-kicker! Seeing them at BW&BK this year just solidified the fact that these guys are a serious force in metal and haven't lost a step at all! They owned the night/weekend FAR beyond every other act that was there!

You guys ever hear The Organization disc? To me that was sorta the next step after Act III. Maybe not quite as "thrashy" as the Death Angel stuff but still powerful as fuck!

I remember I had a Video for a single off of That "The Organization" album I really didnt care for it myself ... ofcourse I would have to hear it again ... its been a good 10 or 11 years since I'v heard it

Great album by a very under-rated band! I agree that 'The Art of Dying' was an awesome comeback for them. Hard to believe they could just pick up where they left off 14 years later! I hope they tour more in the future. I have never seen them live.

JonnyD said:
Yaknow I would have gotten away with reading this thread and Not needing to hear it imedeatly Untill I read that line! Damn You Kitty!!! :loco: J/K! :D :wave:

"Babe I'm leaving...I must be on my way...the time is drawing near..." would you like me to sing that instead?!?!?!? :tickled:

kittybeast said:
"Babe I'm leaving...I must be on my way...the time is drawing near..." would you like me to sing that instead?!?!?!? :tickled:

:lol:
It seems as though Styx have invaded our board as of late. They're in 3 or 4 threads now. :lol:

tedvanfrehley said:
I gotta say that even the songs like ROOM WITH A VIEW and VEIL OF DECEPTION are totally contageous!!!

Of course I had to throw this in after this thread....thank you, thank you very much
elvis.gif
How could you not love these two! Maybe it's because I'm a girl, maybe it's the smooth, mellow melodies mixed in with the acoustic guitars..could be I just have excellent taste in music! :tickled: And I must say at that better and better every day talking to you metal maniacs! Now onto AOD been too long for that one as well! :headbang:

Oh yeah, Art of Dying was EXCEFREAKINLENT as well! But to me Act III is their finest work. When I mentioned liking the two "soft" songs, I was meaning that even though they were kind of Death Angel's "One", if you will...they still smashed!!! I don't know if I'd call those two songs ballads...they're just, like you said, smooth melodies. The guys in DA are fans of all music, which I like, too!