Why does Metal Blade still own V:Mythology Suite?

Xiphos68

Aug 11, 2009
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering... does anyone know why Metal Blade Records still owns Symphony X's "V:Mythology Suite."

Over the past year I have looked for this album online as a MP3 (iTunes, Amazon MP3) and I have looked in stores and it isn't any of them as well.

Why is it that this album didn't transfer with the others that are sold in store?

My Mom finally was able to grab me a copy (thank you!) from a salesperson on Amazon. So why is V under wraps so to speak?

So why is V under wraps so to speak?

Most good things are. :p

Old album, old label, old SX... so probably no one is interested in marketing or capitalizing on it.

Other than maybe getting it more exposed, it's not super important if it becomes available in online mp3 stores if you ask me. For a classical album like that better get the CD anyway, then you can either burn to mp3/flac or get them from elsewhere.

Yeah it's usually better to get stuff online anyway, because usually it's cheaper. Yeah you have to wait a few days for shipping, but I can never find anything I want at any stores anyway

Xiphos68 said:
Over the past year I have looked for this album online as a MP3 (iTunes, Amazon MP3) and I have looked in stores and it isn't any of them as well.

That's odd, for me it's always the total opposite. Every time I go into a store to look for CDs, under Symphony X they always have only V and Iconoclast. Nothing else. For me, it's rare to find any others.

As for Itunes, it wasn't on there for the longest time, but it is now.

It really is like the hidden gem of the SX discography. Pretty underrated and not nearly as recognized as say, Divine Wings or The Odyssey, but it's the best of the bunch IMO.

That's odd, for me it's always the total opposite. Every time I go into a store to look for CDs, under Symphony X they always have only V and Iconoclast. Nothing else. For me, it's rare to find any others.

As for Itunes, it wasn't on there for the longest time, but it is now.

It really is like the hidden gem of the SX discography. Pretty underrated and not nearly as recognized as say, Divine Wings or The Odyssey, but it's the best of the bunch IMO.

Yeah. I have heard that from other Symphony X fans say the same thing.
I really enjoy the album. It's a little bit different from everything else they have done. Very well done!

I am really hoping this next tour that Symphony X will be playing some of classic stuff of V and Divine.

I buy almost everything online now, so this doesn't surprise me. CD store stock is mostly just new releases now, going the way of blockbuster video - mark my words. I don't buy digital copies though- no intrinsic value. Only LPs or CDs depending on the content.