Why does the lead singer of in flames have dreadlocks?

No. There is no problem with this. Anyone who thinks there is a problem with this is retarded.

I have a better question. Why did In Flames start spewing music out of their anus-holes?

Well... I thought it looked a bit stoopid at first.. but I mean, it's just hair...

I think what the topic starter may be trying to get at is that Anders is following a nu-metal trend of sorts of having your hair in dreadlocks... but still. It's hair, I don't think its a problem. Thats like asking why does Daniel have short hair while the others all have it long. In the long run, it doesn't matter. If your more concerned about the look than the music, then your clearly retarded.

Anders looks like a hobo.But he's a magical hobo. He's magical because he's Swedish, and yet he has no talent.

I dont think you understand what I was trying to get at, the problem with him wearing it, is because it seems bands such as In Flames and Soilwork are starting to become trendy in the mainstream eye, for instance a CBGB shirt in a inflames video?

No the look doesnt makes the music your right about that, but I am however concerned that record labels are trying to make bands look more pop metal so people will like them more, and the band doesn't have a say in it...

You telling me 6 years ago In Flames would be screaming "Put your hands in the air" in a concert like they are doing right now...?

No offence meant, but what are you going to do about it? While I acknowledge your point, and to some extent, sympathise with it, complaining about this isn't really going to do much. Even if IF, Soilwork and others of their ilk are being "altered" to fit
"mainstream" ideals, when it comes down to it the only thing that matters is whether or not they're making good music, which in regards to In Flames, is certainly up in the air at the moment.

On that note, while R2R wasn't my favourite IF album, I didn't loathe it like many others did.

But anyway, I'm sure they record companies are fielding ideas and marketing ways in which to make certain acts a more profitable investment, but even so, there's not a whole lot we can do about it.

Tanith said:
I think what the topic starter may be trying to get at is that Anders is following a nu-metal trend of sorts of having your hair in dreadlocks...
I recall there's a guy in Suffocation having dreadlocks. And I don't think anyone would say "Suffocation has sold out" because of that. One members haircut isn't something that points out that the recordlabel wants the band to go this-or-that.

maybe because he wants to?

REally..it's just hair...long, short, bald, whatever...what comes out of my CD player over the speaker is what matters!

YEs..if In Flames goes poppy, fine...I just won't buy any of their CDs I don't think are any good..that simple.

SunlapseVertigo said:
whats the big deal? bands like darkthrone and mayhem do the same thing, and everyone seems to like them
Meh. I prefer new Darkthrone and new Mayhem to new In Flames, but I must admit that In Flames probably gain more criticism than those two bands mainly because they're more mainstream, which is silly.

An annoying band with an annoying band member with a stupid haircut..

I don't think his hair would be a factor altering the music quality, but I'm not concerned with a band that taints the name of Swedish melodic death.