Why dont the Gathering come to the UK?

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
simple question, i mean they've done a million Holland and Belgium tours, yet they never come here. i've heard that its hard for bands to afford to come over here for money reasons etc. but they're century media!!! i mean they could easily come over and attract big audiences and have label mates supporting and all. so does anyone know why they've never and maybe dont look like coming over to the UK? :confused: :cry:

I don't know either really, they really never played in the UK??

Mostly it's managements/ booking agents who decide where bands play, a lot of the time the bands themselves don't have a lot of input in this, at least that's what I've heard several bands say...

Maybe you should let them know and they can discuss it with their management (I actually think they do their own management, but I'm not sure). They are not on Century Media anymore by the way, they will release their stuff on their own label Psychonaut from now on.

Anyway, go to their site and let 'em know!

I saw them at the garage too. I thought I'd recorded it, but I was heartbroken to find my Mini-disks were blank! :(

They also played here a couple of years ago, but My Dying Bride got promoted to headliners, and as I turned up late (deliberately to miss MDB) I missed The Gathering instead! grrrrr!

Since they have broken off with Century Media (or is there a court-battle going on), they dont have the finances to play over here. Some promoter needs to take a chance and put them on again.

Unfortunately I'm not too keen on the direction that their new music is taking ... ie down the can. Black Light District is shite! IMHO ;)

some news from last week:

Holland's THE GATHERING will issue their long-awaited new full-length album, "Souvenirs", through Psychonaut Records on Feb 24, 2003 in Benelux, France, Spain, Portugal, GAS, Greece, UK, Italy. On Mar. 12, the album will be released in the U.S., Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Scandinavia, and Eastern Europe.

The complete track listing for the album is as follows:

01. A Life All Mine (feat. ULVER's Trickster G)
02. Even The Spirits Are Afraid
03. Broken Glass
04. We Just Stopped Breathing
05. Golden Grounds
06. Jelena
07. You Learn About It
08. Souvenirs
09. Monsters
10. These Good People

On Mar. 18, THE GATHERING will start an extensive European tour that will take in the following countries: France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, and Switzerland. A Dutch/Belgian tour will follow in May. The band are also confirmed for the 12th Wave Gotik Treffen 2003 in Leipzig, Germany.