Why exactly did Dan leave ?

also came about at a time when even anthrax phased out their solos almost completely....... the scourge of nu metal wrecking havoc in its path..........

I'll never forget going to the listening party for Stomp442 and not seeing Danny there (I had no clue he wasn't a part of Anthrax anymore). I was able to have a conversation with Frankie as to why Danny wasn't there...Besides the reasons some of you listed above, he also said the main reason was he was now a father and wanted to be closer to his daughters...

I read also that he never liked the way the whole Joey/Bush thing went down. That, and he watned to do watches, lost his interest in making music and all that.

lokey said:
also came about at a time when even anthrax phased out their solos almost completely....... the scourge of nu metal wrecking havoc in its path..........

i don't mean to be a complete fucking metal dork about it, but to say that Anthrax followed suite of nu-metal and got rid of solos almost completely is garbage.

every song on WHITE NOISE has a lead.
10/11 songs on STOMP have a lead.
10/14 on VOLUME8 did. (cupajoe and 604 don't need solos)
9/14 on WCFYA had solos. (contact and crash don't need solos. `superhero` and `refuse to be denied` don't have "real" leads, so much as riffs that take the forefront. `black dahlia` and `taking the music back` are the only songs without leads per se)

spacebeer said:
They told some story back then he lost interest in music and wasn;t able to write good leads anymore or something.....

It might have been couldn't write leads. There's a certain drummer who wrote some when he couldn't.

Steve M said:
i don't mean to be a complete fucking metal dork about it, but to say that Anthrax followed suite of nu-metal and got rid of solos almost completely is garbage.

every song on WHITE NOISE has a lead.
10/11 songs on STOMP have a lead.
10/14 on VOLUME8 did. (cupajoe and 604 don't need solos)
9/14 on WCFYA had solos. (contact and crash don't need solos. `superhero` and `refuse to be denied` don't have "real" leads, so much as riffs that take the forefront. `black dahlia` and `taking the music back` are the only songs without leads per se)

yeah i'd say most of those songs have lead breaks, not exactly in the realm of solos tho huh, thers a huge difference between the solos in p.o.t. to s.o.w.n. say, and more so in stomp........but before you send me a song by song solo duration chart i am not reffering to every song, obviously a lot stiill kill...anyhoo i was just gibbing, i very much doubt dan left cos of anything to do with the lead twiddley bits

Ask and you will recieve.........

Leaving Anthrax in 1995 was after 15 years of constant touring/album/touring/album cycles and this had taken it's toll on me and my two children at that time. I was the only person in Anthrax with a family at home. I had lost the love of my instrument around 1994 and it did not return until a year or so ago when I walked onstage at B.B.Kings in N.Y.C. with Nicko McBrain and my brother Dave on bass to play an Iron Maiden cover.

Hi Ted!
The above was written by Dan to you in response to message board question...

thraxx said:
Ask and you will recieve.........

Leaving Anthrax in 1995 was after 15 years of constant touring/album/touring/album cycles and this had taken it's toll on me and my two children at that time. I was the only person in Anthrax with a family at home. I had lost the love of my instrument around 1994 and it did not return until a year or so ago when I walked onstage at B.B.Kings in N.Y.C. with Nicko McBrain and my brother Dave on bass to play an Iron Maiden cover.

Hi Ted!
The above was written by Dan to you in response to message board question...

Damn, well, I guess there ya have it! Any further questions?:worship:

:Smug: