Why Heavy Metal Isn't Fucked

Caveman Ninja

It's a carnival... of monsters!
Sep 11, 2008
Dolph Lundgren's Secret Island
HA55026_cover-1024x1024.jpg

That is all.

That looks eerily similiar to Enter the Grave. Except.... backwards. Oh wait, that came out TODAY?!

To Amazon I go!

Has anyone here listened to this album much yet? I think I have listened three times all the way through, and twice sat with the lyrics and gone through the whole album with them. It's too utterly brilliant to believe! It's worth reading the lyrics, they're ace.

Anyone got any highlights? I'm fucking loving Echoless Chamber and Tetrastructural Minds in particular, so massively epic! But the rest of the album is awesome too. I wasn't really feeling Venus Project the first couple of times but I'm hearing it now. The middle bit is immense! And the solos in Tetrastructural Minds is mindblowingly superb! And the title track is totally spaced out and bare and bleak and... eerie and epic.

How does it sit alongside Black Future for everyone? It's going to take a while for it all to settle before I can really tell...

They've just got everything... I hear echoes of Cynic, and Immortal, and the things about Dream Theater that don't suck (all the rubbish pompous synthy flashy nonsense bits). Only they manage to sound absolutely unique... And the vocals are still totally mental!! Better crazy high screams on this album too.

HOORAY

I've listened to it many times already and I agree with you, it's bloody brilliant. Unfortunately, without lyrics, just the promo mp3s. Highlights for me would be Cosmic Cortex, Echoless Chamber (favourite) and Outer Isolation. Every song kicks ass really...

As for which one is best, this was the toughest thing to decide. Obviously these days I am just spinning Outer Isolation more but I can't forget the sheer joyous shock that was Black Future. Outer Isolation howver, clearly is a step forward in the tightness of the playing and the production (not that they weren't amazing on BF).

The overall mix reminds me of Coroner meets Voivod meets Destruction meets keyboardless Emperor of the Prometheus era, although I hear both Cynic and Immortal as well. I also hear Riot's cover of Al DiMeola's Racing with the Devil on a Spanish Highway, in that crazy prog break in Echoless Chamber, but I think I am reaching a bit! The drummer said that he could hear it too after I told him, so it's not that crazy of an idea! Ha!

Album of the year, best new thrash band. Can't wait to see them live, hope they make it to Europe soon!

I don't think the lead work is as good.
Some of the songs are great, Fast Paced Society, Tetrastructural Minds, but I dont think its as good as Black Future. Only just not as good mind.

Those gremlin screeches are even more out of this world though.

Yeah, we are aware! But all the new re-recordings, on Black Future and Outer Isolation kick Demolition's ass. And I still think the new songs are even better than the Demolition ones.

I've listened to it many times already and I agree with you, it's bloody brilliant. Unfortunately, without lyrics, just the promo mp3s. Highlights for me would be Cosmic Cortex, Echoless Chamber (favourite) and Outer Isolation. Every song kicks ass really...

As for which one is best, this was the toughest thing to decide. Obviously these days I am just spinning Outer Isolation more but I can't forget the sheer joyous shock that was Black Future. Outer Isolation howver, clearly is a step forward in the tightness of the playing and the production (not that they weren't amazing on BF).

The overall mix reminds me of Coroner meets Voivod meets Destruction meets keyboardless Emperor of the Prometheus era, although I hear both Cynic and Immortal as well. I also hear Riot's cover of Al DiMeola's Racing with the Devil on a Spanish Highway, in that crazy prog break in Echoless Chamber, but I think I am reaching a bit! The drummer said that he could hear it too after I told him, so it's not that crazy of an idea! Ha!

Album of the year, best new thrash band. Can't wait to see them live, hope they make it to Europe soon!

Lyrics are all on Metal Archives! Go forth and enjoy :)

Still not a patch on Coroner though. My only grip with vektor are the vocals - they're not bad or even out of place, but I feel that it'd sound better with a different style for some reason. Odd.