Why Heavy Metal Isn't Fucked

Fanboy? I could say the same for you! Coroner have 'songs'. vektor have displays of technicality that resemble songs hahaha... I'm not going to get into this, I'm just going to call you bizarre and silly and bald and be done with it. You're bizarre, silly and bald.

I would happily confess to being a Vektor fanboy... I was going to say as much in my last post! I didn't mean the term in a derogatory way at all. Yes, I am a Vektor fanboy, I'm not going to lie when I say that Black Future is my album of the century so far!! They are my favourite band, since Iron Maiden got all old and wrinkly and stubborn.

I disagree aswell, I find their songs every bit as coherent as Coroner's. But we're not having this argument are we? We've got to be tolerant else heavy metal is fucked again, right?

LUNCH

I'll put it this way; the day Vektor write anything near the level of songwriting and sheer atmosphere-drenched otherworldly magnificence of Mental Vortex then I'll be right alongside you mate. But right now, they're not there for me. nowhere near :lol: Though i'll agree that vektor are fucking excellent, anyone who says otherwise should stick with their nuclear beer-shark thrash.

I'll put it this way; the day Vektor write anything near the level of songwriting and sheer atmosphere-drenched otherworldly magnificence of Mental Vortex then I'll be right alongside you mate. But right now, they're not there for me. nowhere near :lol:

Weird dude, because "sheer atmosphere-drenched otherworldly magnificence" for me entirely hits the nail on the head for songs like Forests of Legend, Accelerating Universe, Outer Isolation, etc. etc.

I guess we're not going to agree on this one, but I always respect someone who loves something as much as you love Coroner and I love Vektor. I like people who love music...

Just gonna say, the title track is great too.
Also personally I don't see much of a comparison between Vektor and Coroner.

I can't find a decent comparison between Vektor and anyone, except maybe Aspid... (Or Coroner and anyone, to be fair).

Agree with you about the title track. It's like a film, a deep-space abandonment film... Takes you on a little journey! Really eerie and spacey and awesome.

One thing to say about Outer Isolation compared to Black future, the clean work is fantastic. I think the timing of it is great and they are all just awesome and don't take away from the song despite the change in speed.

The intro to Forests of Legend is still boss though.

One thing to say about Outer Isolation compared to Black future, the clean work is fantastic. I think the timing of it is great and they are all just awesome and don't take away from the song despite the change in speed.

The intro to Forests of Legend is still boss though.

I know! My favourite is the time change in the clean middle bit of Tetrastructural Minds. You don't see it coming and it's utter gold!

It's unfair to compare Vektor with Coroner, it's too early. A more fair comparison would be between RIP/Punishment for Decadence and BF/OI and I am actually having a hard time not giving it to Vektor, which is surprising even to myself, I love Coroner.

It will get really interesting on the third album, that's for sure. The third album is perhaps the toughest in a band's discography and shows what you're made of.

Coroner released No More Color, so in this silly vs game, Vektor have a tough act to follow!

I will say that the memorability of some of their songs is not the best but to call them displays of technicability is really harsh man!

Good call on Aspid Joe!

The more you listen, the more memorable they become... I don't find Coroner songs to be any more memorable personally. Anyway, life's not a competition, it's not like we have to choose to exist with only one or the other so let's just be thankful to the multiverse that we have both! :)

David Di Santo said on facebook a while ago that the plan is for the third album to be a concept album. Concept albums are my favourite, and Vektor are the perfect band for one. They could well create the greatest concept album there has ever been! *drool*

Listened to Dying World and DCDC. At first I didn't care much because Vektor's one of those second time listen bands. But when I heard the tracks. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT.

...I like it.

It's unfair to compare Vektor with Coroner, it's too early. A more fair comparison would be between RIP/Punishment for Decadence and BF/OI and I am actually having a hard time not giving it to Vektor, which is surprising even to myself, I love Coroner.

It will get really interesting on the third album, that's for sure. The third album is perhaps the toughest in a band's discography and shows what you're made of.

Coroner released No More Color, so in this silly vs game, Vektor have a tough act to follow!

I will say that the memorability of some of their songs is not the best but to call them displays of technicability is really harsh man!

Good call on Aspid Joe!

Just had Sophia round and we listened to it again. It was nice to share it with someone! :) I'm dying to speak to people about it!

I think the songs are more focused than on the first album, a bit more distinct from each other. With Black Future it took a long time before I knew every song well (although in a way that was one of the album's huge strengths which makes it an exciting listen every time). This one seems a little more coherent...

It is making me too happy! Ha ha :lol:

Just gave it another listen last night, it's a bloody beastly record I'll grant them that! Now that they've used up all the material from Demolition, the next one should mindblowing.