Why Heavy Metal Isn't Fucked

Listened to it last night, really overrated. It sounded EXACTLY like Black Future, which isn't a bad thing but I thought the songs on here were alot less memorable. Keep in mind though, I was in a pretty terrible mood last night when I heard it, and most albums I hear for the first time don't click with me. :lol:

Will listen to it a few more times before I give a proper opinion on it.

Best song : Venus Project

Wow! Come back after 3 or 4 listens; I really don't think it sounds that much like Black Future, and if anything I find the songs more memorable, not less. I find them a lot more distinguishable from one another...

All the disappointments here make me sad. :(

Echoless Chamber has no hooks? It's like a thrashfest of hooks. First half of the song rips with an almost robotic, sinister groove that erupts around the 2 minute mark to an EXPLOSION of the best speed/thrash section I've heard in years. Epic beyond epic.

I will say that the band is consciously sending a message with having the longest song as the starter, this ain't your easy-listening experience.

Totally agree on Echoless Chamber... it's hookmungous, the second half in particular is amazing! What a solo... It's pretty much a perfect song!

Anyway, we all know I'm a massive fanboy of this album, so I'll defend it to the death. But seriously, I'm only bigging it up because I actually think it's so brilliant. I wouldn't if I didn't!

Had a listen to em. Like Keenan said it's not very memorable and would probably take a lot of listens to get into, which isn't really worth it for me. Not bad, just got no real hooks to keep the average listener feeling involved.

I really think it's full of hooks. And personally I find the albums that take a while to get into are definitely the best ones. So much more rewarding than instant albums, which tend to get boring pretty quickly...

Listen number two didn't fair much better than the first one. I still don't see all the hype over Echoless Chamber, and the opener is way too fucking long.

I really want to like this album dammit. :(

Check out the new artwork for Earache's reissue of Outer Isolation...

tumblr_mayk9uZbXL1qzcx1po1_1280.png

COOL.

Really? You hated it?! Wow...

Don't get me wrong, it didn't grab me instantly, like Black Future did but I've been listening it a bit recently and it's grown on me a whole lot.

Got it near it's release, listened to it alot, honestly can't remember a single thing from it. I really tried to like it, but just couldn't. One of the biggest disappointments I've heard in a long time.