Why Heavy Metal Isn't Fucked

I just never felt liek anything happened. I found it to be really boring and forgetful. I apologize for being wrong. :lol:

You think they'll sell it during their mini tour?

Absolutely no idea man.

However, I do hate you for being able to see them live. When I was back home in the UK I hoped they would get their cosmic-asses over there - it didn't happen. Now I'm in Australia I think I've got about as much chance of seeing them here as I do snow.

Worst part? Now they've signed with Earache they'll probably be hitting British shores soon...

Also, I dragged this thrash back from the dead not only to post the new album art but also because I noticed we didn't actually have a thread dedicated to Vektor. Thought about creating one, but figured we might as well use this for general Vektor talk (seeing as though Joe created it with such a good title ;))

Iam just reading Voivod's "World's Away" and the cover looks really similar to what Away did. Cool band and cover though.
I recently listened to Black Future again and it's really mindblowing stuff though you have to be in the right mood for and probably I wasn't.

Alright, so here's what happened from my Vektor gig.

I wind up getting about an hour early to the venue, where I decide to go to this diner that made some fantastic burgers. Ate one and made it to the front of the line and wound up having a chat with a guy pretty versed in Technical and Death Thrash (who as it turns out is a part of a metal website), so I wound up striking a conversation with him. I even got a chance to over hear a conversation with him, Disanto and a few others. As it turns out, Vektor's van went kaput and had to get another. As a result, they were only able to take about 1/4 of their merch to the remaining shows (which disappointed me b/c I wanted to pick up a CD). And then I got my shit checked at the door and went inside.

Vektor was collecting donations so after I bought a Black Future t-shirt, I wound up donating about $30 (I had a lot of money to burn tonight :lol:) and then heading off to the front of the stage, waiting for Vektor to come on. Then forgetting that Exhumed was denied entry to Canada so Vektor was moved up higher on the bill. I continued talking with the guy from before and (thanks to him) was encouraged to get an autograph from DiSanto. Since I had my bag with me, I was able to get a marker out and the frontman happily signed my ticket (I'm getting it laminated tomorrow at school. :lol: Sci-Fi or DIE!!)

So after the first band came on and did their set, Vektor shortly came on and, to make things simple, rocked my fucking nuts off. The setlist for you guys:

Destroying The Cosmos
Fast Paced Society
Dark Creations, Dead Creators
Forests of Legend

It was a short setlist unfortunately, but still. They played fucking FORESTS OF LEGEND, which is like my favourite song off of Black Future! And Dark Creations was great! Fast-Paced Society was probably the best song I've heard from their set, considering which songs they had to choose (if they played Echoless Chamber or Tetrastructual Minds then there would be some argument) and it was probably the best show I've been too. The playing was top-notch, the band had the crowd by their nuts, and DiSanto's screams... I can't fucking get enough! JESUS!

And then I went to get another burger, I chatted with another guy who got kicked out for underaged drinking (even though kids about two years younger than him were lighting up beside him :lol:) before my cousin came to pick me up, and then here I am typing this out. :lol: It was a great night. I don't think I'm gonna get over this.

Forests of Legend is (very probably) my favourite too. ;)

Glad you enjoyed them anyway. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to catch them soon/one day myself...

So jealous dude, so jealous!!

Although they picked my two least favourites from Outer Isolation. To be honest though they could play anything and I'd still spooge all over the place :lol:

Been listening to Black Future again A LOT recently. Love the total structural madness, particularly of the last two songs.

GET YO ASSES TO THE UK PRONTO FOOLS

I'm actually going on a Vektor binge right now. Dark Nebula has probably the best ending of all the songs in Black Future (save for maybe Forests of Legend). Accelerating Universe is like two songs and an intro rolled into one song, i.e. fucking maddening!

Aye, if I'm back in the UK but the time they get their cosmic asses over there (which might not be too far in the distant future now they've signed with Earache...) we'll DEFINITELY have to have a bit of a board meet up!

As far as I know there's no bonus material or anything, it's just an Earache reissue as they've acquired/bought out Heavy Artillery. This article states they're planning on reissuing Black Future too...

Seriously. It's not like they're hard to find.

Also, listening to some of Outer Isolation right now. Still getting nothing from it.

First off, Dave, I'm with you 100%. If there's no bonus material it's essentially exactly the same album, so most people who already own a copy of Heavy Artillery's pressing aren't going to buy Earache's just because it features different artwork and is on a different label. The exception to this is of course is the avid collectors who are going to want to own everything the band releases. The different artwork is probably a nod to those people, so at least there's something to differentiate between the two releases. Which is kind of cool, I guess. Especially considering how good the new artwork is (I personally prefer the new artwork), by I guess that's beside the point. It's only artwork after all.

Secondly, you're both right, at this stage the CD is readily available everywhere and not hard to find. BUT, from my understanding Heavy Artillery is now closed. So the original run of Outer Isolation CDs (produced by Heavy Artillery) will eventually run out... and it's not like they can just issue a second run of CDs because they don't exist. I think that's why Earache are doing it. Also no doubt (knowing Earache) they're wanting to cash in on the buzz Vektor have created in recent years.

Personally, if I owned Earache I'd get them to record a couple of covers and a few live tracks for the reissue. Oh yeah, AND, I'd put on an 'Earache Thrash' tour with Annihilator, Evile, Vektor, Bonded by Blood and Gama Bomb. Just, 'cause it'd be awesome. :kickass: :loco:

Since July? I think. I know, madness. I don't know the details but by the looks of things Earache bought them out.

Worth me buying a copy of it to keep for a couple of years or won't it really go up in value? The Heavy Artillery one that is.

Probably not. First pressings of CDs don't usually go for much. Unless the band become one of those 'cult collectors' bands like Bolt Thrower, Taake etc. ...which I wouldn't rule out with Vektor actually. Especially considering how much that copy of Demolition went for on eBay a couple of weeks back!