Why Heavy Metal Isn't Fucked

So instead of just enjoying the music for what it is, we need to start comparing them to other bands instead in order to give reign in the enjoyment of the album. Awesome. Keep it all relative.

"Yea, I have a Porsche, but fuck it, it's still not a Ferrari."

Someone's mad.

Is that your shitty response because you've been found out again? For someone who claims to know so much about metal, and thrash metal in particular, you do spout off a large heaping pile of bullshit. It's bad enough you think that whatever craptastic bands you champion are the saviours of thrash metal, but then you pull this type of shit.

And if you feel so strongly about comparing one new band to a legendary band just to be self-serving and satisfy your need to temper your enjoyment of new music, lest you might lose your 'all-knowing thrasher' credibility by complimenting a new band without a fucking disclaimer attached to it, it would help to compare Vektor to Voivod and not fucking Coroner who had a sound that is nothing like what Vektor does. It's bad enough that you posture around this forum, dismissing 70% of bands people talk about it as being A.) generic B.) a poor man's version of another band C.) horrible neo-thrash, but then you pull this type of shit and it makes me wonder what kind of miserable fuckwad you actually are in person.

So yea bro, I mad cuz u dumb.

Let me get it started for him in the only way the mong knows how.

tumblr_lk8824vSFO1qjq9u9o1_500.jpg

...Alterdmindeath? You got multiple accounts now?

Seriously though, wow. There're so many things wrong with that little childish outburst that I don't even know where to begin... though on the point about Coroner? Yeah, Vektor, Voiod and Coroner are all tech-thrash bands. As far as the sub(sub?)genre goes, I prefer Coroner to Vektor, and that's not to downplay Vektor - they're still a new band and I feel that it'll be awhile until they quite reach the same level as say, Mental Vortex.

Holy shit, Dave has an opinion - quick, call the fucking cyber police and haul his ass to the gallows! Morgenstern, I actually love you. You've given me my hearty gut-laugh for the day by completely taking what I've said out of context, and thusly, making yourself look like a twat. Again. Seriously, if I wanted to be on a forum full of children then I'd sign up to Bebo or something. Jesus Christ.

awesome discussion coming. wait for it...

As Thomas Paine once said; To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.

I STILL haven't bought it, unfortunately due to Vermintide being even more broke than I am (that's a first) I'm having to order in the new shipment of merchandise. That's on top of Christmas shindigs and paying of debts, so Outer Isolation on CD will have to wait until after Christmas for me. It's alright, I've been forwarded a .zip file for the time being to hold me over... I haven't listened to it too much, mostly because I know I'll overplay it to fuck.

Actually, I find that Vektor has a much stronger Coroner influence than Voivod, despite the superficial similarities of the logo and the space themes. Of course they don't sound like Coroner (much less like Voivod) because they sound like no other band. They have elements from old era Destruction (the frenziness), Aspid, Emperor combined with the dissonant flavour of Coroner riffs.

However, I think you are overreacting Der. No harm done in having a silly vs discussion, I actually think it's a tribute to both bands. Coroner for being such an awesome influential band and Vektor for stirring up the discussion in the first place.

I haven't listened to it too much, mostly because I know I'll overplay it to fuck.

I have already "overplayed it to fuck" :lol: Been calming it down over the last few days with the new Mortal Sin album (also pretty great by the way!)

Having become entirely acquainted with Outer Isolation, the only thing I can say is that I wish it had one more song on it. 8 just isn't quite enough nowadays!

Musically I find it far more focused than Black Future. The songs are more coherent and a bit slicker. This is both a good and a bad thing; a lot of the joy of Black Future is that it bludgeons you from all kinds of unexpected angles and you never know what's coming next. The songs on Outer Isolation are easier to remember structurally and have a little bit more repetition involved than the ones on Black Future, which makes them catchier and more distinctive and easier to tell apart but slightly less brilliantly insane. They are all beautiful songs though, and I still don't know if it's a better or worse album than Black Future, just a little bit different in terms of focus.

I really truly think this album might just be a total masterpiece! Wonderful :)

By the way, when you get it, whoever you are, come back here and talk about it. I'm dying to talk about it. Please!

I'll agree to an extent - but it doesn't only feel slightly short, but it's missing one crucial track for me to take it from masterpiece ot legendary proportions. Basically, it needed the title track from Black Future hahaha! I don't know, there's just one ingredient missing...

Listened to it last night, really overrated. It sounded EXACTLY like Black Future, which isn't a bad thing but I thought the songs on here were alot less memorable. Keep in mind though, I was in a pretty terrible mood last night when I heard it, and most albums I hear for the first time don't click with me. :lol:

Will listen to it a few more times before I give a proper opinion on it.

Best song : Venus Project

Had a listen to em. Like Keenan said it's not very memorable and would probably take a lot of listens to get into, which isn't really worth it for me. Not bad, just got no real hooks to keep the average listener feeling involved.

All the disappointments here make me sad. :(

Echoless Chamber has no hooks? It's like a thrashfest of hooks. First half of the song rips with an almost robotic, sinister groove that erupts around the 2 minute mark to an EXPLOSION of the best speed/thrash section I've heard in years. Epic beyond epic.

I will say that the band is consciously sending a message with having the longest song as the starter, this ain't your easy-listening experience.

I loved it after 2 listens. For the most part.

The title track is absolutely amazing. Some other favorites include Echoless Chamber (awesome chorus), Tetrastructural Minds (awesome riffs) and Dying World (awesome everything).

The vocals annoy me because they are too high pitched but its something I'm willing to accept given the quality of the rest of the package.