Why I would never buy anything again from Slate

Nuendo 3 came out in what... 2004? Why should they be expected to support a DAW that's 6 years old? You should have demoed it beforehand.

I've never gotten a response from support, either, including for the WAV downloads we were promised, told to make a support ticket about, then told to PM Slate about, then told to e-mail them about...

Actually, I did get a response once - it was an e-mail that had a beta for an RTAS fix on a GUI issue, when my support ticket from a two months ago CLEARLY said I use Cubase.

I just sent a message to them yesterday.

I did a clean install of Snow Leopard - and I thought I had a backup copy of SSD EX (from the No-Brainer Deal back in Feb)

I did not make a backup of the software.

So I sent a message to support to see about getting a new download, etc.

Waiting to hear back from them, though.

(fingers are crossed)

Scott

damn, posts like this make me glad i got the elite mixer series of samples for free

and no, they were not pirated!

theres a lot of slate-dicted guys - so no way to explain em whats wrong with this company

slate always would say - thats exciting new technology product - we are the best company
best tech support etc feeding with wrong release dates and non-working software

just my opinion

Well seems like digital slate is kinda hit or miss for people.

My personal experience have been great. Product worked like it should with no crashes and one time when my login did not work, I emailed tech support and had a answer the day after.

Don't really care about the wrong release dates.. its not like I payed for it in advance and they owed me anything (oh and I grew up with the game company blizzard, so im pretty used to pushed dates :p),

i bought the 'audiomidi' $80 all ex packages 'no brainer deal', and while i appreciate...

Just a note on the above, we had NOTHING to do with the fact that audio midi made that deal live before we were ready..

As for the original poster, I'm really sorry to hear about this. From what I've been told by the support guys, they've been getting back tickets within 24 hours. Apparently I'm now learning from this thread that some tickets are slipping through the cracks and its unacceptable. I'll check the PM's here more frequently.. Please send me ANY ticket numbers that have not been answered in a timely manner and I will research the reason as to why.

We've always been known for good customer support and I intend to keep it that way. The ticket system is still a bit new to us and what could happen sometimes is that a technician might think another staff member is taking care of a ticket, but he isn't. Either way, I'll have a meeting with the support team today and we'll work on ways to improve.

I'm sorry to the OP for his problems, and after receiving his tickets, I'll make sure we fix his problem.

Alex

Hi Torsten,

I am extremely sorry no one has gotten back to you about this! We'd be happy to issue you a refund. It looks like our developers are still working to get the new version out. I hear it is being uploaded later today. If you want a refund still, reply to this with your full order info (I see you sent your paypal address earlier so thank you). Then, I will send this to our accounting department to transfer the full refund back to your paypal account.

Alex

So that seems to be the end of the story. I will get my money back and I´m happy then.

Afterwards I will buy aptrigga.

So only 30 Euro left for an ilok I don´t need.

Good, in the end if you are happy then so are we. As I researched the situation more, it seems that the problem lies in the fact that there are 3 Alex's here including myself and it lead to your ticket mishandling. While this was unfortunate, I do see that other tickets have been replied to within hours mostly.

As a company grows, you work harder to improve things, and I think after this situation we will improve our ticket system to make it even more efficient for users to get their problems solved QUICKER.. we want you to be making music!

Alex

I'm sorry for your shitty experience Torsten..
Both Steven Slate Drums and TRIGGER worked like a charm for me, and when I wrote an email it was answered only 2 hours later - seems like the perfect support to me.
ApTrigga is a good thing to own, anyways. Hope it works for you :)

Finally got a response to my MIDI latency issue - apparently it's Cubase's fault. Convenient, eh? Didn't have much latency issues with Drumagog for midi conversion, although it wasn't as accurate and thus equally a pain in the ass.

so far Slate and his company haven't ceased to impress me. The Cubase MIDI thing worries me but it's not like there aren't alternatives as far as that goes... long live Slate!!

The MIDI thin does cause some concern! Is it a latency issue that is replicable? Does it remain consistent throughout the project or change basically with each hit? If it's the latter, I can't see how it would be Cubase fault. All the compound latency effects of cubase should cause a standard latency! hmmm

cool.
I still believe in this company, and I totally understand that with a relatively small copany that grows big a bit too fast there'll be problems like that.
not an excuse or anything, but I completely understand it.
I don't hold a grudge against them in any way, although I bought Trigger which is useless on PTHD.
but I'm confident that one day it'll be phase accurate, then it'll be usable and even more than that, the it'll be kickass.
till then I'll just have the unused license sitting on my ilok while I'm using a plugin that works (aptrigga)...
I'm sure they are working on this problem though (Phase accuracy in PTHD on a mac), and I hope while they're doing that they'll also fix this extremely backwards suppression/sidechain function, which is modelled after a system that sucks at sidechaining in the first place (cubase) just give me a "key in" like all the other plugins have in PT ;)
but yeah, that is just something to make it more convinient, the phase accuracy is something to make it even usable.

^^^ Not sure how to interpret that Lasse lol! I essentially imagine you in a rocking chair, arms crossed, tea at your side, one eye cocked swining back and forth just going, "It'll work, it'll work, it has to work, they'll fix it, I know they will" haha :)