Why im the luckiest man alive....yet the unlukiest!

City_of_da_Moon

All hail the tardo
Sep 17, 2001
Wollongong
I went to Sydney today to get Opeth to sign my Damnation booklet.....which they did

However...later that night i was hoping to get into the Concert....i had a ticket....but i am not 18....3 months too young!

So i asked Mikael if he could do anything to help me!...see if i could get in
so he asked me to write down my name on a little cartoon i drew for him....and said that he would talk to the manager and see...if i could be added to the "guest list"......(what a nice guy)

However.....i couldnt even get in even though i may have been on the list....without ID...*SOB!!!

But i am lucky...because i got to speak to Mikael twice....once when he was in Utopia....and once when he was crossing the street.....and then Martin Lopez just came up to me...and shook my hand...and said HI...out of nowhere......I am oh so happy.....yet sad

yeah totally, hes a great guy - he got me into the Melbourne gig by putting me on the guest list after I lost my ticket along with my wallet.

I was just lucky enough no-one asked for ID at the corner... I'm still about 8 months underage

thats really good that theyd get you in just like that. the whole underage thing really fucking sucks, why the should you have to be 18 to see a band like Opeth? luckily it was never a problem for me, ive never been refused entry to a gig even tho i went to quite a few when i actually was underage.

a big 'FUCK YOU' goes to age restrictions from Belle...ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
you are very lucky chap,
but its was a bummer to have your hopes up and then have them cut down.

im pretty sure, well im deffinately sure that most places in London (England) that do the under 18's thing say that you can come in if your under 18, BUT only if accompanied (sp?) by an adult. so the way i see it is, speak to the guy next to you in the queue and tell him to agree when you say your with him.

and thats the end of that chapter.

City_of_da_Moon said:
I went to Sydney today to get Opeth to sign my Damnation booklet.....which they did

However...later that night i was hoping to get into the Concert....i had a ticket....but i am not 18....3 months too young!

So i asked Mikael if he could do anything to help me!...see if i could get in
so he asked me to write down my name on a little cartoon i drew for him....and said that he would talk to the manager and see...if i could be added to the "guest list"......(what a nice guy)

However.....i couldnt even get in even though i may have been on the list....without ID...*SOB!!!

But i am lucky...because i got to speak to Mikael twice....once when he was in Utopia....and once when he was crossing the street.....and then Martin Lopez just came up to me...and shook my hand...and said HI...out of nowhere......I am oh so happy.....yet sad

You seemed a little down in the line-up for the instore bro, well-done for trying, sorry you missed out!!

That sucks you missed out, Opeth are really nice people, I didn't get to meet them though. The concert was awesome, they are touring again City_of_da_Moon you should be 18 by then.

it's nice that you got to meet and talk to Mikael... too bad you didn't get to see their show, but there's always next time. :D

at the show i have tickets for it says "16+ with proper id" i am 17... a learners permit from new york state better be proper enough