Why is firefox better then IE?

Urm no, because firefox/mozilla/netscape have been around longer than opera, opera is also shite. You can't get extensions for it and it looks like crap, also it can't do more than firefox can do.

LedByTheReaper said:
Urm no, because firefox/mozilla/netscape have been around longer than opera, opera is also shite. You can't get extensions for it and it looks like crap, also it can't do more than firefox can do.
opera has been around since the mid 90s. you=noob. and opera looks better than basic firefox, and is skinnable, and there is nothing basic firefox can do that opera can't do, but there are things that opera can do that basic firefox can't, until you get extensions to do such things. firefox is a waste of time. and both are open source, so pretty please don't try to pull that one out next. and mozilla != netscape.

edit: oh and need i mention opera is more stable than firefox, and has been proven more secure, at least by secunia?

bongos-bobble-lg.jpg

Rock Hydra said:
Uh...how do you get IE 8?

Do you mean

IE7 > Firefox > Opera > IE 6?

I like features of all 3, so...i use all 3. But, I tend to use Firefox and IE 7 the most.
why would you want to use 3 browsers? unless your a web developer and need to test on multiple platforms, using multiple browsers is pointless.

Elysian893 said:
firefox ripped the tabs from opera, but operas work without needing tabbed browsing extension. and all the best extensions in firefox seem to just be things that opera does natively. thats why i use opera, i can just download the 5mb download, and not have to install 10-15 extensions just to make it act more like opera.

Opera has some annoyances that make the 1-2 minute time investment into installing extensions worthwhile.

and with all the extensions i would need to make firefox emulate opera, as well as configuring them, it would take more than 1-2 minutes. not to mention when you upgrade firefox you have to reinstall extensions as previous versions are no longer compatable