Why is Icarus Witch not in the line up??

I'm listening to the latest album now and it is pretty damn good. For some reason I had never gotten around to getting this one.
And this is not right for Progpower?:rolleyes: Would think this would be perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-53JgMDg4PU

It's not that it's not "right" for ProgPower..if IcarusWitchRocks wants to pony up the money to sponsor their appearance (and if Glenn likes them enough to invite them) then they will get booked eventually..but the key here is that she should support the fest by attending *this year* to insure there is a *next year* and many other years to come :headbang:

It's not that it's not "right" for ProgPower..if IcarusWitchRocks wants to pony up the money to sponsor their appearance (and if Glenn likes them enough to invite them) then they will get booked eventually..but the key here is that she should support the fest by attending *this year* to insure there is a *next year* and many other years to come :headbang:

Obviously I agree that everyone should attend the fest, but I'm not seeing how you get from point A (buying a ticket) to point B (a specific band playing the event).

I do a lot of blind buys based on the recommendations of a couple folks I trust on here. 90% of them work out. This one was a miss for me, sorry.

Obviously I agree that everyone should attend the fest, but I'm not seeing how you get from point A (buying a ticket) to point B (a specific band playing the event).

He specifically said to make sponsorship bids, though. Which is a bit different than simply ponying up for a ticket and dragging yourself to Atlanta.

I do a lot of blind buys based on the recommendations of a couple folks I trust on here. 90% of them work out. This one was a miss for me, sorry.
"Blind buy"? What is this, 1997? In all seriousness, I have given up buying blind based on recommendations. There are a handful of artists whose releases I will buy blind. But that is almost more about supporting the artists for their previous great works.

By the way, I take it was the style you didn't care for?

"Blind buy"? What is this, 1997? In all seriousness, I have given up buying blind based on recommendations. There are a handful of artists whose releases I will buy blind. But that is almost more about supporting the artists for their previous great works.

Yeah, but don't you hate everything even more than Claus does? :lol:

I tend to do blind buys as a way to help support the music scene. While my $9.99 or $12 or whatever doesn't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things, it is something tangible that I can do above and beyond PP sponsorship. I don't get a chance to travel for concerts often, so if a buddy feels strongly about a band, I will throw them some support.

And the style was fine. I can enjoy some straight ahead power metal from time to time.

My main point in saying to attend *this year* is to keep the festival going strong for next year and the year after so if she decides to become a sponsor (as Glenn says "the life's blood of the fest) there's a chance she might get to see IW in Atlanta

I tend to do blind buys as a way to help support the music scene. While my $9.99 or $12 or whatever doesn't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things, it is something tangible that I can do above and beyond PP sponsorship. I don't get a chance to travel for concerts often, so if a buddy feels strongly about a band, I will throw them some support.
Understood.

And the style was fine. I can enjoy some straight ahead power metal from time to time.
Hmmm... if you liked that style, I'm surprised you didn't dig them. I think the songwriting is top notch.

Isn't that the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? I thought you'd have learned after the first one!
It was back when I was constantly getting sucked in my glowing reviews. There are one or two songs on the first PoS disc I bought (the more aggressive tracks) that I enjoyed. I was hoping they would explore that side a bit more. The melancholic, ballady stuff I've always hated.

It was back when I was constantly getting sucked in my glowing reviews. There are one or two songs on the first PoS disc I bought (the more aggressive tracks) that I enjoyed. I was hoping they would explore that side a bit more. The melancholic, ballady stuff I've always hated.

I remember those days. After three or four horrible purchases in the early 2000s I stopped trusting reviewers at all.