Why is Icarus Witch not in the line up??

Last Icarus Witch album is killer and they put on a rock solid show in Raleigh on that last tour. Great hooks and choruses. Very "Empire" era to me with how catchy and accessible it is. But what do I know. haha.

Icarus Witch was amazing when Matthew Bizilla was singing. Their 1st three discs were very strong and their live shows were tight. When the new singer ,the style went totally in a different, not good direction in my opinion and the people lost interest. I've seen them twice with Matthew and once with the new guy & that's enough for me. There is no comparison.

Icarus Witch was amazing when Matthew Bizilla was singing. Their 1st three discs were very strong and their live shows were tight. When the new singer ,the style went totally in a different, not good direction in my opinion and the people lost interest. I've seen them twice with Matthew and once with the new guy & that's enough for me. There is no comparison.

To each his own. I enjoyed the first 2 albums, thought the 3rd one was boring but my interest got greatly renewed with the excellent Rise album, which is their best one IMO. While I think Matthew Bizilla was a fine singer, I think Christopher Shaner is quite superior and the "new", more accessible style is for the better.

It's always difficult to separate our expectations from the actual end result. Case in point, would I have enjoyed The Obsidian Conspiracy if it was the debut by some unknown band? Very likely. But I expect more from Nevermore. In a similar vein, itt's not surprising that the new Icarus Witch disappointed some long time fans, as it was a significant style shift. That said, I thought it was amazing album (aside from the production).

Rise is a damn fine album. They won me over when I saw them live with White Wizard. I remember Icarus Witch's set, I had to think for a minute to remember that they had opened for WW. Pretty clear which was the more memorable set for me.

I agree 100%. The songs I listened to on the new album just come across super generic and uninteresting. Zero desire to see the new line up live ever.

Saw these guys open for Trouble in Chicago when Songs for the Lost came out. Got 'em all 'cept the latest, will have to pick that up at some point, they pull off the trad. vibe nicely!

Would love to see Icarus Witch at PPUSA. Saw them open for Voyager last year and they were super tight live. I had never heard them before and am now a fan.

In general it all comes down to personal taste of the booking agent. If he is not a fan of the band, they won't get booked. Very simple.

Each year litterarily hundreds of bands approach PPUSA to play - of course all bands are being checked out but like I said, it comes down to the personal taste of the agent and the "selling point" (how many people will they attract) of the band.

Spamming on the forum and through email all in one day is not gonna help your case much though - just saying ...

This