WHy is your fave band your favorite ?

JonnyD said:
I essentually agree with you here .. the Bands are different But! its the Idea thats the same ... For me my Current Favorite is Tad Morose ... they REEEEEALLY impressed me at PPV and have hardly left my Cd player since but my all-time favorite is a Tie between Overkill and Savatage they both Posesse qualities that you mentioned :)

Ha ha ha, JD I did everything but fly up to Vermont and stick a gun to your head to get you to listen to Tad Morose. They just fucking rip dude !! Glad to see you saw thye light !!!

Bryant

Thraxz said:
I'm going to get my ass kicked for this.

I have three at the moment because its hard to compare the different styles.

Symphony X -

I won't kick you but it is more for the vocalist (though I am a guitarist.) Sir Russell Allen is the best metal vocalist as far as ballads since Ronnie sang for Rainbow. As good as Romeo is, I would like to kick his ass because he doesn't write songs to fit Russ's best style. As I said earlier, I am a guitarist and am biased, but if I were Romeo, I would lean more toward Russ's style as opposed to my own.
In other words, I think Mike is a great guitarist, but Russ is a living legend who has only a few songs to make himself that way. Allen is a better vocalist than Romeo is a guitarist, and I think Romeo is amazing if that tells you what I think about Allen.

Bryant

My absolute favorite band has been for 9 years and still is

NEVERMORE

Their power, originality, technical control, godlike riffs and solo's, their lyrics and melodicall beauty should be worshiped by metalheads all over the world. For me Nevermore is everything a *metal* band should be.

They have it all and in large quantities! They keep the flag of *my kind of metal* flying high for over 9 years now. Yes I am a Nevermore fanboy and proud of it. I love almost everything about this band.

I've seen them live 9 times and they never failed to deliver. As long as Nevermore is alive, my kind of metal is alive, and I will have faith in the future of metal.

The second band is

Zero Hour

Technical and powerful they play a very hypnotizing style of metal. Although their riffs may bring about some memories of early Fear Factory, they are not a harsh nor as brutal. This a still a very unknown band but if there is any justice in this world they will become huge in the next few years! Recently they got themselves a new singer and I can't wait to hear the album they are going to record with him.

Last but not least:

Symphony X

Already mentioned by Thraxz this band is a must for any self respecting metalhead! The beauty, power and majesty of this band is simply awe inspiring!

In closing I subscribe to everything Pyrus has said about Priest!
Dude that was perfect. You rule!!

I am glad you joined us here at UMOSF. :wave:

Great tread Bryant!!

Destruction cause of the complex, yet fast yet oldschool sound and atmosphere, great fusion of seriousness and sillyness without breaking atmosphere.

Some of my favourite bands..

First of all, if I had to pick just one favourite.. I'm with Pabla.. IRON FUCKING MAIDEN! :headbang:
The Dickinson/Harris/Murray/Smith/Mcbrain line-up is just perfection for me.
Steve Harris is my favourite bassist and song writer of all time, the music he writes and basslines he plays never cease to amaze me.
Bruce Dickinson is my favourite vocalist, he has a distinct and powerful sound and an impressive vocal range.
Dave and Adrian are both very precise and creative guitarists, they compliment each other and have mastered the art of duel lead guitar.
Nicko's style fits perfectly, and while he is not a stand out in Maiden, he compliments everyone else's sound.
But I love all Maiden line-ups, every member they have ever had (possibly with the exception of Jannick Gers) has been brilliant at what they do.
As a band they have released many masterpieces that have influenced countless others and (unlike most other 80's bands) are still releasing good music today (even if it isn't up to the standards of their earlier work)

Next.. Max-era Sepultura.
Albums like "Beneath The Remains", "Arise" and "Chaos AD" have a sense of raw power and agression that not even Slayer can match (In my oppinion).
Andreas Kisser's lead work is amazing on these albums. As is Igor Cavalera's technical and agressive drum work.
Igor reaches his creative peak on "Roots" with some AMAZING drumming.. But no one else does anything worth mentioning on that album..

Next.. Ozzy Osbourne.
For consistant great albums with amazing guitar work from some of the greatest guitarists of all time.
Randy's a god :worship: his originallity, creativity, speed and technical skill make him my favourite guitarist of all time. (Although Joe Satriani comes close)
And Zakk and Jake are both amazing.
And Ozzy has a distinct vocal tone perfect for the music they play, he also writes some great lyrics.

Next.. Symphony X
The beauty and power of this band mixed with the technical skill of the band members make Symphony X a truely amazing band. The stand out members are the AMAZING vocalist Russell Allen and the highly skilled guitarist Michael Romeo.

I could keep going with more of my favourite bands but I'll stop here.. Cause I'm sure I've bored you all enough by now :D
To those who bothered reading, thank you!

Bryant said:
Ha ha ha, JD I did everything but fly up to Vermont and stick a gun to your head to get you to listen to Tad Morose. They just fucking rip dude !! Glad to see you saw thye light !!!

Bryant
its not that I didnt like em at first they had qualities that grabbed me but it was seeing them live and meeting them that made me realise how good they actually were :D

favorite bands are( dont have a favorite band....their sorta tied):
Black Sabbath - Shouldn't really have to explain myself there....but I cant stand Glen Hughes, and cant stand most of what Tony MArtin did with them. Geezer Butler is a great bassist, and a very good song writer( very good example is Black Sabbath) Tony Iommi is the greatest guitarist ever. Ozzy is godliness.

Slayer - Fucking awesome. Love the speed of the Reign in Blood album and the song War Ensemble. Greatest drummer ever is Dave Lombardo. He inspired me to play drums.

Iron Maiden - Fucking geniuses.

and I have to put the runners up, who Ive been listening to a lot lately:
Cyclone Temple
CCR
The Doors
Exodus
and Annihilator