why the fuck is the August 3rd Seattle show 21+?

Why can't there just be a universal age limit for alcohol in North America. 19. I'm legally able to drink here, so that should apply wherever I go.

In Europe it's even younger...
Seriously I've been going to bars since I'm 15...
no one gives a fuck over there, and people learn to control their
drinking habbits instead of abusing it.

... But the smoking age is 18.

But for some odd reason, they require a person's age to be 21 to partake in anything smoking related besides smoking itself.

For example, to utilize Marlboro Miles or Camel Cash, one has to be of age 21. I tried finding out really quick why this is but I don't have the time right now.

Either way, it's fucking retarded. Doesn't affect me but hey, I still think it's gay.

Actually the original age restriction they brought into place for this Concert on the 3rd, was 18+ since yes, it was sponsored by Camel Cigarettes. However since there has been some controversy about alcoholic beverages around minors during a show, they decided to move it to 21.

yeah, it's totally alright for people under 21 to live in houses where their parents have abundances of liquor that they have complete access to, but God forbid they go to a club where they're monitered and prohibited from buying alcohol.

but i'm getting in anyway so whatever!

In Europe it's even younger...
Seriously I've been going to bars since I'm 15...
no one gives a fuck over there, and people learn to control their
drinking habits instead of abusing it.

Well, on the continent. The UK has similar problems to the U.S with underage drinking.

The term underage drinking hardly means anything on the continent. A few Scandinavian countries aside (I'm looking at you Systembolaget!) most of mainland Europe has such low drinking ages because alcohol was never the problem it was here. 14yr olds have no desire to get wasted and impregnate other young teens. That particular past-time is heavily rooted in British and American culture.

It's part of life, an enjoyable part but it's not seen as the escape it is here.

If you're old enough to have a credit card, you're old enough to drink.

Anyways, MORE TO DRINKING!

Well, on the continent. The UK has similar problems to the U.S with underage drinking.

The term underage drinking hardly means anything on the continent. A few Scandinavian countries aside (I'm looking at you Systembolaget!) most of mainland Europe has such low drinking ages because alcohol was never the problem it was here. 14yr olds have no desire to get wasted and impregnate other young teens. That particular past-time is heavily rooted in British and American culture.

It's part of life, an enjoyable part but it's not seen as the escape it is here.

Didn't know that about the UK actually... but you learn something new everyday... :)
I guess the places I lived, like you said, never had the problems with alcohol
like in the UK, so maybe that's why no one cared to have 15 years old at bars? makes sense, and
I'll take your word for it, my handsom scotsman!!

It's just life attitudes to alcohol. It's not seen as taboo on most of the continent. It's normal, it's there and nobody really abuses it, ergo the low legal age.

You're full of compliments this week, huh!? :p