Why the hell was Jonas in the back!!!!

Illnath

Feb 10, 2004
Denmark
So I went to see Katatonia last night, and the concert was great, and I was jumping up and down like a crazy motherfucker...But why the hell did Jonas stand all the way in the back of the stage....The Drummer Was closer to the audience than he waso_O

Illnath said:
So I went to see Katatonia last night, and the concert was great, and I was jumping up and down like a crazy motherfucker...But why the hell did Jonas stand all the way in the back of the stage....The Drummer Was closer to the audience than he waso_O

I think he explained it to the audience, maybe you didn't hear, the sound was fucked up and the only way they could solve it was by letting him stand there.

I wondered about that as well, but i thought it was quite cool actually. A bit unusual, but in a good way.
This was my 4th time seeing Katatonia and by far the best.
On the other three occasions Jonas vocals has been quite poor, but last night he (finally) proved that he could pull it off live as well.

The sound in the first couple of songs was a bit muddy, but the sound guy eventually changed it and made it sound very good.

Jonas, Anders and Daniel all rocked, but Fred and Mattias were just standing there and were IMO boring to look at.

Only one more complaint, "Murder" (which was the closer) didn't fit in at all.
It was a bit of an anticlimax to the rest of the set.

Apart from that it was still a very good concert.

If you're still waiting to see Katatonia on this tour - then be excited!

kim larsen said:
But completely out of place.

I gotta agree with you, it's not a good closer, in particular when you have such an emotional song like "evidence" before it.
But it may be a great way for the band to re-enter the stage after the break

Well I wouldn't mind if they played the whole DODS album backwards. Just put some nice oldies in the set. And come to America KPLZTHX!!!