Why did Jonas stop growling?

i think they made a big fault in letting the opeth guy sing on "brave murder day" and "sounds of decay". i guess with jonas´voice i´d have loved the album...but actually i don´t like it. anyway the nu stuff with clean vocals sucks!

oops...

I don't like the new stuff either. I do like Brave Murder Day with Mike on vocals though. BMD and Dance Of December Souls are actually my favourite Katatonia releases.

NP: Opeth - Still Life

~Mezarkabul

The female singer in Kittie (or is it Kitty? something like that anyway :p) has quite good growls. When I heard them the first time I thought it was some guy growling.

Originally posted by LoboUivante
When has this board become fascist? If that’s is his opinion then all have to do is accept and show our point of view to try to change it.

We're not the fascists. That guy was disriminating against Mikael and Katonia in general, so in a way, he's the fascist! ;)

We're simply peacekeepers... or something.....

it would probably been better for some to visit a forum representing old katatonia, but since this is T H E one and only katatonia forum, fans of old, fans of new, and fans of BOTH old and new (we love those few!) have to dwell together.... so stir it up folkz!

Just like with anathema I like both Katatonia's older and newer stuff, different vibes for different moods. The stuff with growling sounds nastier, while the newer stuff is more bleak (well, I find anyway)

I think he stopped growling much the same way as a lot of people stopped at the same time (MDB, Anathema, whole host of other bands etc), as there seems that there was definate transition from one to the other. Plus their music changed and went in a slightly different direction.

Originally posted by Blakkheim
and fans of BOTH old and new (we love those few!) have to dwell together.... so stir it up folkz!

yeah im gonna get one of those Jesus loves you t-shirts and replace Jesus with Blakkheim :lol: i kinda went the backwards way of liking the clean vocals albums first then gradualy came to love the growls too, now i really can't wait for the whole re-release Ep thing :hotjump: