Why the second half of the tour got cancelled, read here.

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
This below can also be read here! Please check out this website!
http://www.transformonline.com/music/articles/002213.php

Alright! This update is for all the friends, fans and promoters out there wondering just what in the hell is going on with Vehemence! For one thing is we like to thank Adam Cody from Glass Casket for helping us out on the 1 month ½ tour in April/May that got cut in half due to some shows not coughing up the guarantees that were agreed upon before us leaving. The tour started 3/21/05 and we drove from IL to AZ in a day a half and got back on 5/1/05. Stuff happens like that on the road, but that ultimately killed our budget to continue further on the tour and we are sorry for that. We will make it up by working hard to finish writing our album so we can get back out on the road. Sometimes we would rely on our merchandise profit to help us get through rough times but just how many times can you take from that until you start digging in your own pockets to recoup. We would also like to thank our other temporary vocalist Bryan Edwards from Clifton for the 2 week run in April we headlined with Thine Eyes Bleed and his own band Clifton.

We are starting up a street team soon, we never had a budget to do that in the past but now we are going to start to hook up our fans with promotional materials that can help fuel our tours, thus doing most of the promoter’s jobs for them to secure huge attendance at our shows. Supporting your local scene is the best thing you can do, our Arizona scene has grown into a monster because everyone got off their ass this past year.

As for a new vocalist, everyone seems to still be confused who that is after we had made a statement earlier about it on our website. Sean Vandegrift (ex-From A Second Story Window) will be moving to Phoenix, AZ this summer and is our permanent new vocalist. He is a family man but that factor in his life is sorted out now. We stayed at his apartment on this tour the guy is really educated and hilarious. I think he is the perfect front man for our band. He will be living with Bjorn our other guitarist and lyric writing has already begun. We can’t tell you what the lyrics are going to be about just yet but they will be just as viable and diverse as our last albums. For one thing we aren’t going to be bashing religion or women anymore, we had that for our first 3 albums, and they were all great, just a different direction thats all we are going for with the lyrics.

Also, for all those that are confused about why our last vocalist Nathan Gearhart left Vehemence was because when we got back after the September Mortician/Akercocke tour we did in 2004 he got a phone call from Chiles Bar and Grill Restaurant and they offered him a management job and he took that route out to help support his family and his new child that he had at the time which is respectable! As Nathan said in this forum, he has another kick ass band now and we can't wait to hear them live and get their recordings. Having 3 boys plus with a management job is quite the handful to be out on the road touring for a long time and we respect his decision of leaving the band.

Everyone thinking we are going to play hardcore music now since we have a vocalist directly from that scene, grow up and break free from your close minded elitist ways! We are a band that ranges in styles of everything death metal, black metal, metal, punk, hardcore, melodic, just everything ya know. If you can’t respect that we don’t want you listening to our music anyways because none of us in the band are like that. We are maturing as a band and our music will only get heavier and craftier, I guess you have to define your own terms of what is heavy and take a good look at who we are and not just our clothes. We are in an era change right now and it seems fashion is a huge part of it, and its just as every scene has been throughout the years, live with it and just respect one another. Moshing, Dancing has been around forever, we don’t mind any of that please do what you feel like at our shows.

Be sure to check our website at http://www.vehemence.com for new pictures featuring both of the temporary vocalists that helped us out.

DSC_0040.jpg
DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg
DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg
DSC_0023.jpg

More pics here http://www.metalpic.com/Slide_Shows/Vehemence/index.htm

I have the utmost faith in you guys. Looking forwards to the new CD, and, I might just have to talk to you about joining that Street Team... Cause, hey, if I'm gonna be out and about promoting my band, I might as well help you guys out as well... (Or vice-a-versa...)

Also, two of our members work at Kinko's. Because they do, we had a great idea for setting up Street Teams and saving money... Kinkos is a massive network of computers, right? So you can do everything over the internet, and have your people just pick up the orders at a local shop... It saves you a whack of cash... No more mailing packages of fliers or stickers or whatever...

Since Kinkos is already pretty cheap as a copy shop and gives deals depending on the size of orders, chances are that would drop the costs of your street team a whole lot.

Just a thought, something for you to look into...

Good luck man!

Thanks for the detailed update!

I too have total faith in the band, and your choice of vocalists, and I'm sure the new guy is going to fit the new music perfectly. I for one, am always for evolution of sound and music in my favorite bands, if a band puts out the same album over and over I start to get bored with them. So I can't wait to hear what you guys have cooked up for this new disc, and can't wait to see you on tour again.

Keep us informed on that street team stuff and I'll see if my gf and I can't help out in the Dallas area.

Thanks for the support on this! We are taking some time off to write more material, leave some anticipation ya know, it might come down to a tour with all new songs and only By Your Bedside/We Are All Dying/ and one from GWC. The writing process has been going very well!

yeah the day you cancled was the day you were gunna play in corpus christi texas.........damn it i was so mad yall didnt play but meh i got over it.

I looked at the merch page after I posted the question haha

but I think I might end up ordering the logo shirt and maybe the bloodsplat shirt
but I like the logo so I might go with with logo shirt

now I have to not be lazy and set up a pay pal acount

\m/
I still love vehemence.. just haven't been around much. Busy. Sorry for that. Sorry I couldn't make it to the seattle show in April? I've got some financial issues right now, supporting too many people at once. Anyways, yea.. sorry I dont' post much. I still love ya, and listen to my vehemence cd's a lot.