Widow on 10/26 at The FlatIron, Greensboro, NC

It's a sad day in ProgPower history when the top threads are about Avenged Sevenfold, Nonpoint, and LEAVING A SHOW because of a drunk cougar.

It's a sad day in ProgPower history when the top threads are about Avenged Sevenfold, Nonpoint, and LEAVING A SHOW because of a drunk cougar.

Honestly I dunno what the big deal is. I would of iked to say I saw their entire set and had a great time during their set but I didn't. I do what I'm feeling - If I'm sleepy I'll take a nap, if I'm hungry I'll eat. I felt uncomfortable around her and wanted to get away from the situation, so I did.

Honestly I dunno what the big deal is. I would of iked to say I saw their entire set and had a great time during their set but I didn't. I do what I'm feeling - If I'm sleepy I'll take a nap, if I'm hungry I'll eat. I felt uncomfortable around her and wanted to get away from the situation, so I did.

People are just goofin around, man.

I think it's not just that you left, but more that a drunk woman made you so extremely uncomfortable that you wanted to leave. Or perhaps that you even mentioned it in your original post. :)

That said, dcowboys311 is right, we're just busting balls, heh... the fact that someone left a concert a little early is obviously not something of any great importance! :)

It's cool, dude.

You'll have another chance to see them very soon.

raven_raleigh.jpg

(See what I did there?)

This is when you tell someone to fuck off, and if they persist, get them kicked out. There's no fucking way I'm bailing on a show I paid for and want to see, just because someone else shows up determined to be a drunken shithead and is clearly not even there to watch the show.

Yeah right, you go trying to pick fights with drunk people. I'll just cut my losses and go to less shows.

The one concession I will give is that it seems like this is a thing with "popular" bands, and less with more unknown metal bands. For example, when I saw Kvlertak last year, everyone was cool and having a good time (then again, you could make the argument that Kvelertak is a punk band and most of those peope were punks/hc kids and that's why the crowd was good - because metal fans are by and large horrible). Really made the show special. Every time I've ever seen Mastodon live, I've almost always left before the encore due to some shitty drunk piece of shit starting something and ruining everyone's fun.

AeonicSlumber said:
Every time I've ever seen Mastodon live, I've almost always left before the encore due to some shitty drunk piece of shit starting something and ruining everyone's fun.

It's your own damn fault for going to see Mastodon to begin with!! :lol::lol:

It is because they (Dive Bar) want to try and at least pull in a few people. Normally that club only does two bands a night but they know that ASOT and as sad as it is Raven will barely pull anyone into that small place so add another band that might can help. Not to mention there are other shows going on that night that will be pulling a lot of Raleigh that night.
I would really like to see Raven, and Raven and Widow are a great pairing, but thinking it is not worth a five hour drive.

Yes. You put your band logo above a band that'll pull more than your band. It's called photoshop.

What's with the attitude, Claus? Yes, Nina photoshopped that flyer...in fact she created the whole thing in Photoshop from scratch, because we booked the show and that's the actual event flyer.

A Sound of Thunder is going on second, after Widow. We booked the show ourselves, why wouldn't we? We realize it's Widow's home town, but it's a late show, their fans will have plenty of time to get there and catch their set.

For the record (again), we had no idea that Widow even had a booking agent, and we didn't even add them to the show ourselves, the venue did. Sorry if we stepped on your toes, but there's no need to sling mud in public.

It's not as bad as the Trivium-styled thrash band opening the Atlanta date....on their flyers, they are billing themselves over RAVEN.....

For the record, we didn't alter that poster, that's the real poster. A Sound of Thunder is going on second, after Widow.

Oiiiiii scheduling conflict. On the one hand - our band's live sound guy, when he can do it, is in a new atmospheric metal band called Heron (I just got invited to do some overdubs on their recordings last night too) and they're playing at some place called The Candy Center in Raleigh that same night and its their first show... 8:30pm time, dunno if thats doors open or starting time.

Doors open at 9pm for the Widow/Sound of thunder/Raven show? Whats starting time most likely going to be?

The starting time is 10:00. Widow goes on at 10, plays for 45, then ASoT at 11 for another 45, then Raven for the rest of the evening. Hope you can make it!