WIDOW Releases video for TAKE HOLD OF THE NIGHT

Love this band. Waiting for a return trip to Atlanta, got to see them twice last year and now I am feeling deprived.

EDIT: Sweet! Just saw they are coming to Atlanta May 26th!

pretty generic sounding

So before I ask you something, I'd like to quote you again from a previous post...

"Just expressing opinion, plenty of other posts here and elsewhere when I discuss the merits of something I like. I enjoy discussing both pros and cons of topics. So sorry to offend you. Just hold your opinion and don't worry about mine, nothing I write should threaten your enjoyment, but if others enjoy discussing both the negatives and the positives of a topic in a mature respectful way, then I see no harm in that, in fact, that is how you learn, and how you get to know something more fully."

I have no clue who you are, and you probably have no clue who I am... I notice you have more complaining to do in your 31(+) posts on this forum than nice things to say... Actually a brief look into your previous posts makes it look like the only thing nice you had to say about any band was when Chris Cornell sang something for Whitney. Yes, that was awesome, but why do you even post a negative three word reply on something you obviously didn't like very much? And you took the time to comment on on it? I think one of the only blatant things I publicly 'distaste' is Mr. Orlando's live guitar work from Adrenaline Mob, and I've had reasons why to defend my point. It would be like me commenting on that Chris Cornell Video - 'publicity stunt' or something stupid. As you have said, If you are apparently trying to open up a discussion about a band to understand them better, then that is not the way to come across. Widow are personal friends of ours and a damn good band. They are true to form and are just.... well.... blatantly an awesome band... go see them live if you have a chance, you will have a beer in your hand and horns in the air by the end of their set, or as Widow would say, "You don't like us, You don't like Metal"...

I'm not trying to jump your case, but ANY band is doing the music they like to create and they hope that the public likes what they bring to the table. There is plenty of stuff I just 'don't get' about some bands in threads on here, but I never go and just blatantly shit on their parade with some itty-bitty comment that wasn't necessary. Nothing was gained from your comment as a credible opinion when it's posted like that. You come across as a troll, virtually. Blabbermouth is for those kind of posts...

pretty generic sounding

1318621653431.jpg

This is all I have to say (as Widow is in our roster at Intromental)...

You don't like one of our banda, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. At least he gave the band a chance and listened to one of the songs.

I don't think they're generic. Just remember that they're not a prog or power band. They're a straight up 80s style Heavy Metal band. They're one of the best bands in the country doing what they do, hardworking as fuck and the nicest guys you'll ever meet. It's fine not to like them if that's not your thing. Just be fair and tactful at least (not saying he wasn't). But keep in mind that once you're a blatant asshole (again, not that you were) about any of our bands, we put the claws out. At least I do...

Well... I dare say I have known them longer then those in this thread and sure I have seen them a lot more I'm sure, and as much as I like Widow from the time the first album came out and always spoke highly of them - it could be seen as generic. Yes they are certainly one of the best at what they do in the U.S. and perhaps anywhere but it is not breaking new ground.
Personally I like them a lot besides the fact I know them. The first album being by far the best in my opinion. And Widow seemed to have been carrying the torch in the U.S long before the White Wizzard stuff popped up (that is generic to me) and Metal Hammer made the "new wave of traditional metal" a buzz term. And now everyone can loosely use that term "traditional".
Where was I going with this?
Oh yeah, the guy said "generic" wasn't necessarily a bash on the band, though probably was.
As for Widow they deserve everything they get because they are a great band. I find it humorous watching all the people who are finally taking notice especially those from Raleigh who never came out before but I guess that is the way it goes.

I was in bands for 20 years and very used to criticism. I do know you as Hoyt helped my band tremendously as I know he has supported yours. Not everyone will like what you do and they have every right to mention that. You are right though I shouldn't express my opinion as it doesn't matter, just one meaningless note that doesn't affect the band or anyone else. I think the positive is covered over and over on most bands here and I'm always playing devil's advocate and pointing out the opposite. I should go into more detail to defend my point rather than being curt. But again, better yet to say nothing. Glenn has been bothered many times by my opinion not being the same as his. I enjoy the forum and like discussions rather than just love fests, but I do know how I was bothered by poor comments and reviews about my band, and being devil's advocate is not worth being construed as negative for no purpose or downing a band's work when nothing is gained. It's just my opinion and I felt that the good was covered over and over so I found myself mostly commenting when I had a dissenting veiw.

Also, I don't think Widow is a bad band, talented, I would listen to their songs if they came on, just nothing to my ears to make me say wow I need to get their albums. Hopefully that makes more sense.

Also, I don't think Widow is a bad band, talented, I would listen to their songs if they came on, just nothing to my ears to make me say wow I need to get their albums. Hopefully that makes more sense.

Ahhh now that's the way Uh huh uh huh!!! I LIKE IT!!! Lol!

Catch them live as soon as you can, I'll personally refund your ticket if you can't say you've been entertained \m/

See bands like widow can be used when your ears are tired of something technical or something you really have to listen to hard. Put this cd on and like just let it flow. It's easily digestible and you will subconsciously start headbanging. It's a very fun music Experiance. It's like metal bacon, it's a standby item that can be thrown into a mix of anything and still be reliable and always good.

It's like metal bacon, it's a standby item that can be thrown into a mix of anything and still be reliable and always good.

Chris and Johnny are now going to market "Widow-maker; the HEAVY METAL Bacon guaranteed to rock your arteries and scare heart disease from your body!"

They will make millions, and give you NO credit, I say NO credit whatsoever.

Now to call them, and remind them that I am willing to assist them with all copyright issues for a small percentage of the gross...

I do tend to like stuff that is deeper but sometimes I like stuff that is just killer for its simplicity. Nothing fancy about Iced Earth but I love them, alot of old school stuff like Twister Sister, the ultra simple Type O, hard to say why one band strikes me killer and another cheesy. Like Manowar I can't stand, but Grim Reaper I loved, go figure.

I was in bands for 20 years and very used to criticism. I do know you as Hoyt helped my band tremendously as I know he has supported yours...

wait, wait, wait... Billy?! WTF man, where ya been? :err: You absolutely disappear for - what? 3 years now? Good grief. You dragged me into this 'business' and then left me there to rot while you go get married and raise a happy family. sheesh. And look at me. I'm in music promotions hell! These people... the fans, the bands... they, they, just won't stop! :zombie: *sobbing* please - make it stop...

ok, now that the joking is out of the way, it's about freaking time you reared your ugly bad head. LOL. And seriously bro, you need to come to Marietta on May 26th to check out Widow live in person. You would make a 180 degree turn on your 'generic' statement - trust me. These guys are the BOMB on stage! No gimmicks. No frills. No sub-genres. Just straightforward, in your face, guitar-driven heavy metal. Their set would be worth the trip from... Birmingham? It's not that far to Marietta. I think you should remember the way as many trips as ALD made over a two-year period. :p

BRING IT!!! :kickass:

FMM-web.jpg

Well old school, no frills, Straight Up ass Kicking Heavy Metal
is what I'm all about, so I'm guessing Widow would be up my alley
as well!!!:headbang:

Btw, a big old school Grim Reaper fan as well!!! :kickass:

But very sorry, I F'n LOVE MANOWAR!!! :headbang:
I've been a fan of "The Original Kings Of Metal"
since the mid-80's!!!

Cheesy or not,
I still stand by this:
"Other bands play, MANOWAR KILLS!!!