Wii U - Nintendos New Console

I think it´s quite the opposite. When it came out people were amazed, and it sold a shitton of consoles for the non-gamer crowd. I know a lot of people that own a Wii but don´t play it anymore.

How many GREAT Wii games have been released? IMO, not a single one, and even the good ones are just reheated versions of past Nintendo classics: Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, Zelda, Metroid and Donkey Kong.

All the great games of this generation have been for X360/PS3: Call of Duty, Halo, Gears Of War, Mass Effect, God Of War, GTA IV, Fallout, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, Rock Band, Little Big Planet, Skate, Borderlands, Dragon Age and Heavy Rain.

Besides Rock Band, nome of them rely on input gimmicks. That´s why I´m skept with these new toys. If even Kinekt, that is a badass technology, couldn´t produce a single great game...

So? They must be doing something right if a ton of people (of all age groups) are buying it. Your same argument could be applied to pop music. They took a simple idea and made simple games for it that are fun for everyone. Just because it's simple does not make it bad.

The games they've got on the screen look roughly like current-gen Xbox 360 in terms of graphics, to give you an idea of how much power is lurking inside the Wii U console. Battlefield looks incredibly good—like Battlefield!—as does FIFA.

Roughly as good as a 6 year old console? Awesome!

Also, with the mention of gaming on the iPhone/itouch I feel the need to mention that no serious action game can ever be played on a toucscreen alone, you absolutely need buttons and analog sticks/sliders, not only for the essential tactile feedback and quick multiple-function control (FUCK playing a racing game where the car accelerates for you, or a shooter where you have to stop moving to shoot) but also so your big thumbs don't cover up half the fucking screen. I have a few FPS's on my iPhone, and playing them is just awful, with those retarded on-screen movement controls, give me a break! I just hate how all these smartphones have amazing graphics capabilities but the UI is so hampered (nerd-rage :yell::lol: )
+1 to all of this. The best games on the iPhone are the really simple 2d ones.

So? They must be doing something right if a ton of people (of all age groups) are buying it. Your same argument could be applied to pop music. They took a simple idea and made simple games for it that are fun for everyone. Just because it's simple does not make it bad.

I´m not saying that it´s a commercial failure, I´m just saying that it´s a gimmick that does not translate in great games.

That said, I guess that these tricks are all that´s left for Nintendo in terms of hardware, because we don´t really need another X360/PS3, two consoles that are basically the same.

The Wii was/is cheaper than XBox and PS3. That is why it sold so many units. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking it was because it is such a great console. It simply is not.

wasd.jpg

END THREAD.

I personally hate all these new "gimmick" things. I don't fucking care if i have touch screen or motion sensing or any bullshit. i want good games with nice graphics to put me into the game. the other stuff are just stupid toys for people who never really liked playing video games in the first place.

I'm by no mean an elitist, but that's exactly my thought.

I have lived so awesome gaming experience in N64/PS1/PS2/PS3/PC, and almost none on any next gen nintendo console/kinnekt/etc. It's fun when you have friends at home, but that's all. Even the most awesome multiplayer game Super Smash Bros Melee is shit on wii compared to gamecube because of the controls.

On iPhone if you're okay to buy a few dollars your games, there are a few awesome ones. I'm currently playing Galaxy On Fire, and Chaos Rings which is more or less a Final Fantasy a little simplified (well, i'm only in the beginning, i've read its story is nice so i guess it's gonna complicate quickly). But yeah, it's of course limited. But it's a smartphone, it's not like it's mandatory to play on them.