Will soon change website, advices welcome

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Hey guys,

I'm planning to change my website in the very near future to make it more compliant with all browsers, and eventually easier to browse etc. For instance Chrome has a bug preventing it to work for instance - it's supposedly fixed in the upcoming version though. I'll get rid of the Flash menu, possibly of all my javascript dynamic content (have to find out how Google bots work though - if you have any hints those are welcome), and I will probably add a "Price" tab (so I stop getting dozens of emails asking if I can mix an album for 300 euros), as well as split the "Services" menu in "Recording", "Mixing", "Reamping" and "Mastering". I'll make the horizontal size either resizable, or at least larger.

What else do you guys think? What do you like (so I don't break something good) and what do you dislike?

aside from the little scroll box on the right hand side of your "Home Page" link being sized improperly (text to the right is cut off in Firefox) I think your site looks great. I personally have no problem with the Flash stuff and if you're planning to break down the pages into multiple tabs so you don't have to scroll down forever to read everything I wouldn't change too much else

Thanks for that :)

I'm worried about one thing though, it's that the mp3 player on the home page is in a frame, and so people can browse the site while listening to my work. If I get rid of the frames, I don't know how I can get a similar behavior. :(

yeah I can't help much there, I'm not a website guy so don't really know how that all works. As it stands now, I can never get the 1st song in the player to start anyway ... always have to skip to the 2nd track to get the player to start

like I said though, I have no problem with your page. I like the layout and how it all works. Breaking up the pages into additional tabs can only make it more concise for each section which is a good thing and your player is still going in the background as people click through everything. Just my opinion though. I'm not French so we both know already that my opinion is most likely wrong :D

My only real suggestion is that it should have the width enlarged, more white(black)space and bigger text/images readability is a little cramped on larger resolution screens...(Though I am using a 1920x1080 monitor at the moment haha....)

Hey Brett, I used to have it where when you clicked the play button on the player of the main page up on top where I had like one or two sample pieces, a small pop-up would come up with the actual player where the person browsing can quickly hit play and then resume browsing the rest of the site.

Yeah, something definitely needs to be done to it.

Not sure if it's Adblocker (I turned off my Flash Block to see if that was the issue) or some extension I have running on Chrome, but your website doesn't work at all past the intro screen. I really like the design, but not working on Chrome is a huge issue, especially since nearly everyone I know has switched to it.

My only real suggestion is that it should have the width enlarged, more white(black)space and bigger text/images readability is a little cramped on larger resolution screens...(Though I am using a 1920x1080 monitor at the moment haha....)

I disagree. You should make the website with HTML5 and CSS, and one of the most important things is the "auto fit" for any resolution screens. (I work with webdesign for 6 yeats now, and there still exists some people with 800X600 resolution);

Popups are not good also. Some people tend to have those bars included with some freeware, and they blocks popups in a inefficient way;

Also sugest to get rid of anything flash related;

Create a version of the website for mobile;

I think that the 1 collum like it is now is great. And the fact that it wont reload the whole webpage too. But you have to envolve from flash to css and html5, so it will be ocmpatible with everything.

Cheers!!!!

Also sugest to get rid of anything flash related;

Create a version of the website for mobile;

I think that the 1 collum like it is now is great. And the fact that it wont reload the whole webpage too. But you have to envolve from flash to css and html5, so it will be ocmpatible with everything.

Cheers!!!!

thats actually a REALLY smart idea ... think about how many people are using ipads and shit for web surfing

Just to be clear, "popup" was a misnomer. I was using custom sized windows that were invoked upon clicking. Pop-up blockers leave manual pop up windows alone. It really wasn't bad at all, they are easy to use, out of the way, and it worked great when I was using it on all 3 major browsers, including Chrome. Never had any complaints about it. But it's your site, your call I was just sharing an idea. I do like your present design btw

if you know some php you can create a master page which is gonna be your head menu, and a content page to show html content under the head menu.
The links on your master page are going to trigger the content page using jquery.
The player is playing music inside a div on your master page-> you click on the equipment link -> this via jquery will load the html inside the content page.