Will this be the end of Saxon ...

CONQUISTADOR

Sep 20, 2002
Edinburgh
Visit site
Will this be the end of Saxon touring at the moment?
Will the Heavy-Metal-Thunder tour be the end of the current round of Saxons' touring activities. They seem to have been hard at it for the last couple of years without any real breaks. I think they might take a year or two off and then regroup for their next album in 2004 or even 2005. On the other hand they may decide to take advantage (in my opoinion) of the recent upsurge in their popularity. Metal/heavy-rock is very much 'IN' again at the moment and with Maiden|AC-DC|Metallica|GNR et-al all about to release new albums and tour them. I would like Saxon to keep their hard work goning and then reclaim their rightfull place in this the greatest of musical geres. What do you think?

I would like to see saxon bring out a new studio album sometime next year, but then to take on a shorter tour to promote the album and then have a rest for a bit think they deserve it. Hope we dont have to wait till 2004 for a new studio album. ROCK ON SAXON.

I'd like them to record, take well desevered breack and come to America for at least once in the near future, they don't seem to get to the west coast of America anymore.

Buying a video or DVD is just not the same as a live gig.

AFTER 10 YEARS I AM BACK INTO SAXON. I CANT WAIT FOR THE ASTORIA GIG.THEN A NEW ALBUM ,TOUR,ALBUM,TOUR.BUT FROM WHAT YOU LOT SAY THEY SEEM TO TO HAVE EARNED A BREAK. I AM JUST FEELING GUILTY FOR NOT TRUSTING THEM TO BOUNCE BACK AFTER THE D ALBUM.

Thats true wilks. I think they do deserve a break but will their ambition drive them on. I dont think that they have anything left to prove. If they take some time off then the DVD will have to do till the holiday is over.:headbang: :headbang:

I can't see Saxon playing again (at least not in the UK) after the Heavy Metal Thunder tour. They will probably go into the studio in 2003 and do a new album, which will probably come out late 2003. And then they'll probably tour it in 2004. I will be most happy if I'm wrong though!

I think it's their call to decide if they want to leave or stay in this business, but of course I don't want them to leave at all.
-----------
Saxon never ends.