Will we ever get a Nevermore live album?

Wolftribe said:
i think live albums are pointless... most bands just play the songs exactly like on their cd, so its like a compilation album with worse production.

Live DVDs are an entirely different matter though.... i'd love to see that

What he said. Exactly. I own a very few select live albums, which I primarily got to complete my collections of certain bands and I almost NEVER ever listen to them. But live DVDs I can't get enough of, I'll even buy them from bands I don't know very well.

Live albums are not pointless, IF the group is doing something on stage, more special than his music in the albums. Change the songs - jam - cover songs, etc. Dream Theater for example. Has anyone of you listened to the live album of In The Woods? No
Well listen to it and say again "live albums are pointless". A Nevermore live album would be indeed pointless.

totally not interested in a live album.

I am however, very interested in a DVD, something with studio footage, perhaps a making of and then some live and some music video thingy thrown in.

Studio footage though, has to be there.

IOfTheStorm said:
Live albums are not pointless, IF the group is doing something on stage, more special than his music in the albums. Change the songs - jam - cover songs, etc. Dream Theater for example. Has anyone of you listened to the live album of In The Woods? No
Well listen to it and say again "live albums are pointless". A Nevermore live album would be indeed pointless.
yes, but most bands dont do anything different live. thats why i said that they are pointless. and this is afterall, a nevermore forum.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
well, the topic has been brought up numerous in the past, and Warrel responded with "there is no reason. there are enough bootlegs around to satisfy the need for a live album"... but who knows... we might see something some day.

Unfortunately, there's people like me, with no bootlegs. I've got distant memories, and hell, I can't put those on and hit random, or repeat.

Need a live release. This is ridiculous, and uncalled for! NOW!

Actually, I was just reading an interview with Warrel from earlier this year in Metal Maniacs, and he said he is interested in putting out a live album.

The bootleg comment would just be stupid. You can't even compare an audience recorded bootleg and a professionally recorded live show. Most of the Nevermore bootlegs out there are barely listenable. As far as I know, they don't even have any soundboard recordings.

Well, the bootleg comment was stupid, but if you read back in an interview or 2 and back on the board, he DID say that. I'm sure there's others here that can back me up on that.

He said he's interested? awesome

as for soundboard bootlegs... i have 2 or 3

Satans_Mom said:
Unfortunately, there's people like me, with no bootlegs. I've got distant memories, and hell, I can't put those on and hit random, or repeat.

Need a live release. This is ridiculous, and uncalled for! NOW!

As I said before... If you wanted them, let me know... I'll even mail them to you for no cost.

Live album would be nice. A lot of bands sound MUCH better live, with better guitar tone, often playing songs faster, and just more energy. See: Judas Priest's Unleashed In the East, Kreator's Live Kreation, Blind Guardian's Live, any Overkill live material, and hell, Children of Bodom rages 10x harder live than they do in the studio. I think Nevermore could manage to pull out a good live album/DVD set.

I would really like to see them perform Dreaming Neon Black in it's entirety and make that a live album and DVD. Queensryche and Dream Theater did this with their concept albums and pulled it off very nicely IMO.

Depending on the production job, that would be a good candidate to make it my favorite live album, even ahead of Queensryche's Operation: Livecrime and Iced Earth's Alive In Athens. Maybe they could call it Dreaming Neon Live or something.

Yeah that would own. Something like this would be beyond awesomeness.

Short regular set:
1. The Seven Tongues of God
2. Seed Awakening
3. Inside Four Walls
4. The River Dragon Has Come
5. Believe In Nothing
6. Enemies of Reality
7. Optimist or Pessimist
8. In Memory

DNB:
9. Ophidian/Beyond Within
10. The Death of Passion
11. I Am The Dog
12. Dreaming Neon Black (/w female vocalist)
13. Deconstruction
14. The Fault of The Flesh
15. The Lotus Eaters
16. Poison God Machine
17. All Play Dead
18. Cenotaph
19. No More Will
20. Forever (only Jeff & Warrel on stage)

Encore:
21. This Sacrament
22. What Tomorrow Knows
23. Politics of Ecstacy (including the überthrash section)
24. The Learning

dead6skin6mask6 said:
Well, the bootleg comment was stupid, but if you read back in an interview or 2 and back on the board, he DID say that. I'm sure there's others here that can back me up on that.

He said he's interested? awesome

as for soundboard bootlegs... i have 2 or 3

Wow, I didn't know that there were any soundboard bootlegs of Nevermore. Are they available somewhere on the net?

dead6skin6mask6 said:
As I said before... If you wanted them, let me know... I'll even mail them to you for no cost.
I may want to take you up on that offer. I'll scrounge around and see if I can't trade you something in return. I can't take without giving something, it's not right...

thanks DSM, very kind of you to offer

I'd dig a DVD BIG time. That would be so cool...and Nevermore is one of the very last bands to do that.

Today, a band with only one album are still putting out DVD'S.

Nevermore are totally tight asses on the DVD thing. It's inexcusable in todays music industry! Uncalled for, making your fans beg for stuff, never giving in, barely acknowledging they exist. BOO! we need a christmas DVD, got it?!

^ Satans Mom moment, heh. so what!?