"Windowpane" on Headbangers Ball...

Death Opeth

Jan 18, 2003
Pennsylvania
I never watched an episode of Headbangers Ball in my life before... And I just happen to turn to it when that Jamey dude goes, "Up next, Opeth with Windowpane". I was like, "Holy Shit!".. I watched,and thought it was interesting... Who else saw the video on Headbangers ball,and what did you think of it?

It was okay. Very much like the other official video from the BWP SE album. I thought that the shots of Lopez kicked ass, especially when he twirled his drum stick. Too many shots of just hands playing guitars. Over-all, good. Better than most music videos.

I'm on the west coast..and watching right now..hopefully I didn't miss it! I just saw the part with ...the metal God...Tom Araya! Is it towards the end of the show? I hope I didnt miss it...I will cry:erk:

I dunno, kind of disappointing, just random footage. They probably could have done better for a video. Something in a dark victorian house, with cool things, black and white, I dunno. =\ I would rather hear them talk in the footage as an extra on a DVD and watch how they put together songs and record them, but oh well.

I thought this one was much better than the Harvest one, since the footage was matched up to the song. They were actually playing the parts in the song, rather than it just being random clips of them drinking and playing pingpong (also nice to watch, but not so good for a video).

L0bster said:
regular footage. the upside is that it's plain and not to geeky, the downside is that it's boring

Yeah, I think if they ever did decide to do a cool video, they'd have to use a really good arty director or something. Make it so it doesn't come out cheesy and lame.

Opeth fans are too picky... heh heh... I loved it! It was shocking that they played it last week... It was MORE shocking that they played it AGAIN this week...

I also thought it was interesting when that Ian dude was doing the news and said that even though record sales for other genres are down, metal record sales are up 230%!!! Guess filesharing isn't hurting metal, eh?

I think I have caught maybe only episode of HBB since its reincarnation. I wasn't impressed with the one that I saw. Saturday night we had few people over and happened to turn it on. In the back of my mind I always think that one never knows what they might play. I was floored when they decided to play "Windowpane". It was a proud proud day. I liked the video. :)

brooklynmayhem said:
Could HBB be on at a worse time. 10 pm on a saturday night!! Who the fuck is home watching tv??

Umm, me... pretty often, too. I'm a dweeb and I sit on my ass and play Flight Sim 2002 or chat in the Yahoo Metal:1 chatroom.

But hey, that's me.

brooklynmayhem said:
Could HBB be on at a worse time. 10 pm on a saturday night!! Who the fuck is home watching tv??

well, I guess they don't expect metal fans to have lives o_O