Windowpane Videoclip on MTV

Nostalgiaplatz

So why not moving?
Dec 20, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Ahm... I was watching headbangers ball on mtv and somehow, during a timeless distraction, I look back to the screen and there was Opeth. I was like "Wow, they decided to show the studio report from the DVD" but then I started seeing parts that weren't in my original copy of the DVD. Where did these parts came from? Like when Mikael heads over to Peter in a "threatening way", where are all these parts (except on the clip) ? were they in the american version of the DVD or anywhere else?

It's the windowpane video. I have it on my computer. That, along with Harvest are, I believe, the only two music videos sent to MTV (in case you're wondering, Harvest is unedited, music-wise, and Windowpane fades out on the reprised intro riff, right after the bridge/guitar solo). They're both made up of studio footage, probably taken by the same guy that did the documentary on the dvd.

And honestly, what a waste. I KNOW Opeth doesn't have the money, but those two songs in particular are so lush and emotive that they deserve an awesome video, instead of a bunch of strung together footage that doesn't really relate to the song.

Sooooo....someone give Opeth some money.

id love to make videos for a lot of bands - anyone want to tell me the secrets to making kickass videos ill do it.

well rap videos are easy to make, and you'll be fucking retardedly rich.

here's the formula:

1.get a handful of black dudes to spout out offensive rhyming sentences, and gibberish

2.get a handful of black women with big asses and booty shorts to shake said ass 2.5 mm from the camera.

3.send the tape to mtv

i swear to god EVERY rap video is EXACTLY the same. i don't mind the ass shaking at all if the girls are hot, but..seriously every rap video can just be represented by one video, it would be a lot easier that way.

deliverance said:
1.get a handful of black dudes to spout out offensive rhyming sentences, and gibberish
:tickled: :tickled:
other variances:
1) rotate the same 5 "guest" rappers so that virtually every album has the exact same lineup - just under a different name.
2) uhm...cant think of another one right now...

Homo g sniff doggie bum Featuring g doggggggg!@!!1/: Living on da north south side!!1
Homo g sniff doggie bum: I never mdet my birdthparentz
Homo g sniff doggie bum featuring straight up homo pimpyo!11: Thugs and candy apples with kvlt bling!1
Homo g sniff doggie bum: De Mystriis dom sathanas (Mayhem Cover)

"Welcome to the elder ruins yo!!1"

Ugh, I need to get a coffee.
But yes you guys are right all the rap vids look the same. Hell they could just take footage of one thing and split it in to a million vids and no one would know the difference.

I like both harvest and Windowpane videos.. I guess you can have two types of videos: one that is choreographed to a point and one that just captures the band in their normal activities. Each can be nice, and I'm glad Opeth at least did this much.

The thing about videos, its so easy to fuck up making a choreographed video and make a boring piece of crap. With Opeth's music, its easy to close your eyes and images come to your head, but that could change once you see a video for a given song. Its like preferring a book to a movie based on a book... if you'd rather let your imagination work, I believe the effects of the song or a book on you can be much more personal and rich.

I can see pro's and cons. Nevertheless I'm glad we've got this a bit of a window into and a document on Opeth's recording and life. its nice!