Damnation on MTV?

vfrex

Nov 15, 2003
As much as it pains me to say, I was watching an MTV show called 'room raiders'. I don't know how it happened, but i somehow ended up watching it. For those who don't know, its a stupid dating show.

Anyway, as background music during one of the segments, a song pops on that snaps me out of the trance that I was in. (It was an MTV induced trance that degerates your brain into a pile of mush). The song was windowpane! :OMG: I nearly crapped my pants. I ran to my computer and started screaming (TYPING IN CAPS) to the symphony x chat room.

Tis all, thought I would share.

i saw the same show. i was stuned for five seconds but then i rembered that i was watching MTV and i tured off the TV. ANd then i watched my opeth DVD

What, and your surprised? I'm surprised its taken so long for those media whores to get their grubby paws on a good thing. Look at it this way though. They better make whatever mileage they plan to extract from Windowpane last, as Opeth are not likely to write another Damnation, by all accounts.

Well, for all of you that have seen the Opeth DVD this wouldn't come to as much of a shock. On the DVD they were discussing similar subjects. Opeth said they could never be a mainstream band and that if it happened they would put out something totally different, plus they also said they would never put another album like Damnation out.

Cutter said:
They better make whatever mileage they plan to extract from Windowpane last, as Opeth are not likely to write another Damnation, by all accounts.

No, but they are likely to write more "Harvest"s and "Face of Melinda"s, both of which have beautiful instrumental passages suitable for TV background music.

oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaawd! i was liek, "HAY U GUYZ OPETH WERE JUST ON MTV I MEAN WTF IS UP WITH YO" and rofl

How could such an underground kvlt band be used for TV? It's blasphemy! I thought us Opeth forum members were the only people who knew this band existed! I'm truly shocked and humiliated. I'll never listen to Opeth again.

Opeth are becomming mainstream now, like In Flames...But I really dont care, if they make good music i will keep listening to them.

"I’ve heard At the Gates and Porcupine Tree on MTV. What the fucks the big deal?"
Who gives a fuck about Porcupine Tree, by the way this doesn’t mean they have sold out it just means that some people will hear an Opeth track for once in their life and not even notice it for its merit.

Detric said:
Opeth are becomming mainstream now, like In Flames...But I really dont care, if they make good music i will keep listening to them.

Lies. You'll just hop onto the next semi-mainstream upcoming band just so you can say "I listened to them back when they were underground".

kno talint said:
isn't there like 5 other threads like this? :| and btw, theres nothing wrong with being mainstream. opeth is good whether they appear on mtv or not. thats all that matters.
Thats is true but Opeth probably doesnt want all the publicity crap. :Smug:

Darkness Eternal said:
Lies. You'll just hop onto the next semi-mainstream upcoming band just so you can say "I listened to them back when they were underground".
Opeth wouldnt become mainstream... They said that if they started that they'd come out with a new album that sounds completely different to avoid crap like that.

666Opeth666 said:
Opeth wouldnt become mainstream... They said that if they started that they'd come out with a new album that sounds completely different to avoid crap like that.

I heard them say that too, but I dont know if its true. But I hope so.