Winter....

N-MAYH

New Metal Member
Oct 30, 2005
Montreal, Qc
Mkay, listening to opeth a lot has made me realize, Mike tends to really go towards winter in his songs doesnt he?
ORCHID
In Mist She was Standing: And she spoke, Once and forever, I am so cold, In mist enrobed the twilight (hint of winter)
Under the Weeping moon; Burn the winter landmarks,That said I was there, Burn the spirit of cold,That travel through my soul
Forest of October(october leads straight to winter and there is talk of cold + whatnot)
The Twilight is my robe While the winds of winter sleeps gently around, I am sworn to the oath, To breathe...

MORNINGRISE (talk of autumn [also known as fall, which leads to winter], cold, frost etc)
black rose immortal: It is cold in here
Frost scar my coat with dust

MAYH (talk of going into april + spring(from winter))[also goes through a whole year of seasons)

STILL LIFE
not much talk of cold at all in this album actually

BLACKWATER PARK
The Leper Affinity We entered Winter once again
Bleak Break of morning, coldness lingers on,Shroud me into nightmares of the sun (talk of coldness)
HarvestWilted scenes for us who couldn't wait, Drained by the coldest caress, stalking shadows ahead (cold kills plants, winter = cold.lol)

DELIVERANCE
not too much talk of cold and such...
BTPISIOIn this endless winter of souls

DAMNATION(not very much actually)
In My Time of NeedSummer is miles and miles away, And no one would ask me to stay(winter = far away from summer)

GHOST REVERIES
actually prety much no talk of cold..
anyway,
im thinking thers a lot of stuff dealing with winter in the songs because winter is a time of longer darkness, and people tend to get more depressed and morbid during the winter times because of how grim it is.. anyone know why theres really a lot of winter + cold talk?

You forgot Dirge for November.

But they always reminding me of late fall-early winter. Guess this is why.

i think you are reaching, but ill give you credit for trying... Music is all about your interpretation and although there are some vague aspects of winter and such in their lyrics I dont think its a prime focus. Interesting post though!

Heres why:

ORCHID
In Mist She was Standing: And she spoke, Once and forever, I am so hot, In mist enrobed the twilight (hint of summer)
Under the Weeping moon; Burn the summer landmarks,That said I was there, Burn the spirit of cold,That travel through my soul
Forest of June(june leads straight to summer and there is talk of heat + whatnot)
The Twilight is my robe While the hot winds of summer sleeps gently around, I am sworn to the oath, To breathe...

black rose immortal: It is hot in here
hot weather scar my coat with dust

MAYH (talk of going into april + spring(spring!! no winter))[also goes through a whole year of seasons)

STILL LIFE
not much talk of cold at all in this album actually

BLACKWATER PARK
The Leper Affinity We entered Summer once again
Bleak Break of morning, hotness lingers on,Shroud me into nightmares of the sun (talk of hotness)
HarvestWilted scenes for us who couldn't wait, Drained by the hottest caress, stalking shadows ahead (lol)

DELIVERANCE
not too much talk of cold and such...
BTPISIOIn this endless summer of souls

DAMNATION(not very much actually)
In My Time of Need Summer is miles and miles away, And no one would ask me to stay(lol)

GHOST REVERIES
actually prety much no talk of cold..
anyway,
im thinking thers a lot of stuff dealing with winter in the songs because winter is a time of longer darkness, and people tend to get more depressed and morbid during the winter times because of how grim it is.. anyone know why theres really a lot of winter + cold talk?

you see? summer is not metal, winter is! i mean... it's winter and all i can listen to is Opeht , bythe time summer comes i can only listen to simple plan , it's the way it works

^ Quite the clown :cool:

Being an Australian the summer is very uncomfortable here, unless you're almost naked and swimming.
Winter is where I'm most creative, too.

And she spoke, Once and forever, I am so hot, In mist enrobed the twilight

Hahaha

Orange Carpet said:
Still Life which is "summer."

wrong

i beleive the sigh of summer refers to the crappy tail end of summer which turns to autumn (or fall for you yanks)

Those hot-quotes actually sounded pretty cool. I like.

Someone needs to form a summer/desert atmosphere metal band :Spin:

edit: anyone suggesting Orphaned Land will be shot kthx.

R0l0 said:

Woods of Ypres are a summer black metal band

R0l0 said:

sorry my band is Autumn :lol:
I always thought OL was more winter. A desert winter.